Last weekend was the last big event celebrating UNLV's 50th anniversary. They held an old-school picnic pops concert on the lawn on campus. The Las Vegas Philharmonic played, and Linda Eder (of Broadway's Jekyll & Hyde fame) performed. It was such a nice night! The weather was perfect, aka not too hot! :) And they had tons of activities for the kids before the concert. Kate loved playing in the "jumpy house" thing. They also had face painting, which if you'll notice by her white dress, I wasn't keen on her doing. In any case, it was a lot of fun, and a really relaxing way to spend an evening! I wish they'd do stuff like this more often.
Our mascot, "Hey Reb" was in the crowd. As you can see, Kate was absolutely petrified of him!!!
Pictured below is Chase, my friend Jen's son. He hearts Kate in a big way! They attend the same preschool, and he tells his mom "I love Kate" all the time! Chase is the "older man" in Kate's life, as he is 3 years old, and she's not quite 2 yet. Hmmm... already being hit on by older guys; I have my work cut out for me!
Love the hat, girlie!
Mama and Kate, enjoying the concert
It was so relaxing to just hang out on blankets under the stars and listen to the music. It wasn't our favorite music genre in the world (once Linda Eder started belting out "Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley" my dad was like, "ohh-kay we're outta here!") but it was a beautiful evening to spend with family.
Kate preferred sitting on Grandpa's lap the entire night. She loves her Grandpa Grady!
4 comments:
Hey like your background. I almost got that one as well :)!!! Isn't that sight great?
Kate is turning into such a little girl (and not a baby anymore). You dress her so cute in summer dresses. She will be two in just a few weeks - wow! I loved hearing about your dad's comment - made me laugh as I definitely can hear those words from my Uncle Lionel's mouth! An evening concert in the park - makes me miss summer nights in the U.S.
That was a fun night. Thanks for sharing your blanket space with us...BTW you look fab in those pics.
that looks like a really great night for all of you! I love your hair! & your daughter is beautiful!
Post a Comment