What's the 4
th of July without a hometown parade? We took Kate to Cedar City for the ultimate "small town" Independence Day celebration. Some of these pictures are for Suzette, who mentioned that she missed the whole small town celebratory experience. Kate was all decked out and ready to enjoy the festivities!

Our family.

The gang, minus Derek who took the picture.

Don't worry, we got him in a picture too! :)

My dad's
favorite part of any parade: the endless stream of loud fire engines! Surprisingly, Kate wasn't scared. But an army tank later in the parade made her lose her mind with fear. Go figure.

Mike, sporting Kate's teeny tiny sunglasses.

Derek & Lisa- adorable as usual.

Goofball Mike, Kate and the proud grandparents.

A couple of funny highlights from the parade: An old Uncle Sam pushing an even older Statue of Liberty around in a wheelchair. Only in a small town! :)

So cute! Kate was jealous she wasn't riding around in this train.
A successful parade!
8 comments:
Thanks for the Pictures. It looks like you guys had a good time. I love the little train that is so cute.
So fun. I remember this parade.
That train at the end is exactly like what my parents have at their house!!! But there's isn't quite as long though. Mom spent a bunch of time decorating and painting them so that there's a pink princess car, a pig, a cow, a race car, a school bus, and all kinds of fun things that Mom dreamed up. The kids ABSOLUTELY love it when they fire up Pappy's Barrell Train :)
I have to say that I don't think Cedar City qualifies as a "small town" celebration...now a town of 1100 people (where I'm from) THAT'S a "small town" celebration! haha! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!
What a great parade! We've often gone to one of the big cities parades here, but they don't seem nearly as fun as this one. The train is adorable and the Uncle Sam and Statue of Liberty is hilarious! Kate sure looks cute in her sunglasses and patriotic attire!
Love the pics!
I love the 3rd pic of you all sitting along the road! But, just one question....is it just me or does the girl in the background (black hat and camo shirt) have something crazy going on with her legs? I can't figure out how she's standing!?!?
LOVE small town parades!!! The one in Parowan over Labor day is so fun.
We were at the same parade. Too bad I didn't see you guys. :( How did you like the ladies dancing with the bed pans? On the 24th they have the "drill team" (men with drills) HA, HA!
Uncle Sam is still pushing for Liberty - classic!
Post a Comment