Friday, July 25, 2008

Suzanne

A while ago I wrote about our friend, Suzanne, who was battling cancer. Well, she passed away this week. So I've been thinking a lot about her and how sad the situation is. We will be attending her funeral on Sunday. My heart goes out to her husband, Pete, and her teenage son and daughter. I know they will miss her terribly. She was always so good to us and always showed us such a great time at their house. They hosted us for the last three 4th of July celebrations. And she and Pete were so in love. So cute together! Anyway, Mike and I are so grateful to know that if {heaven forbid} anything should happen to us, we know our family is eternal. We want Pete to know this too; that if he desires, he can be with Suzanne in the eternities as well.

Last night before bed, Kate wanted me to sing her the "temple" song {I Love to See the Temple} from the primary book. She loves it. And it's my absolute favorite primary song ever! The words are so sweet and the message gets me every time:
I love to see the temple
I'm going there someday.
To feel the holy spirit
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young,
This is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my Father,
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
where we are sealed together.
As a child of God I've learned this truth:
A family is forever.

4 comments:

Our Happily Ever After said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's always hard when you lose someone close to you. My prayers are with her and her family. "I Love to See the Temple" is one of my favorites too. I feel so blessed to have been sealed to my family in the temple and it brings such peace to me knowing that "a family is forever." Thanks for helping me remember that :)

Lindsey said...

Oh Karen, i am so sorry to hear that. I remember that post you did about her and her husband a while back and thought of her frequently. It's so awful that almost every person has known someone close to them who has succumb to cancer.

Suzette said...

Karen,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm know you were a great friend to her and I know her family will be forever greatful for your wonderful example.

Sunflower Mama said...

So sorry Karen! It seemed to happen so fast. At least we know that families can be together forever.