Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend pics of my little girl!

Our weekend was busy and for the most part, it was a lot of fun! My parents flew in to Vegas from their Alaskan cruise and Kate was so happy to see them! They brought her an Eskimo baby which she loves, and some other fun presents. On Friday night we went to Metro Pizza where Kate and I spilled her root beer everywhere and I left my wallet at the restaurant (only to be discovered in a panic the next day!) so it was a bit of a chaotic dinner. But the food was delicious, so it's okay! On Saturday Mom and I went to get pedicures and do a little grocery shopping (which was when I discovered my wallet was missing and full-on panic ensued-- luckily I got it back unharmed) and came back to the house. I promptly fell into a deep coma-like nap, during which time Kate had some fun with Grandma!

She played with the blocks she got for her birthday... She helped Grandma make sugar cookies...
and discovered how absolutely YUMMY pink frosting is! Pink just tastes better than any other frosting. I can't explain it!
Then since we had the grandparents here, we decided to take full advantage and went out on a double date with Ben & Jill. We thoroughly enjoyed our kid-free dinner at PF Changs and a leisurely stroll through Anthropologie and REI (Jill & I picked a store; Mike & Ben picked a store). Then we saw The Dark Knight! Wowwww--- such a great movie! It totally lived up to the hype! I am looking forward to discussing this movie with my brother, Kevin, as he has some interesting insights.
Sunday morning we went to church. Here's Kate all ready to go to church. These pictures show just how big she's getting! All of a sudden, she's not a baby--- she's a little girl!
My sweet angel. She's so cute!
Sunday night Mike and I attended the funeral for our friend, Suzanne. Her husband, Pete, seemed to be doing okay but my heart broke for her 15 year old son. He just looked so vulnerable standing there without his mother. They have a good support system though, but I still feel so sad for them. We had a nice visit with them and Mike saw a bunch of his old co-workers from Arco Electric, so while it was sad, it was a nice time to catch up with people.
Then it was back to the house to watch Design Star and The Next Food Network Star. :) Now I'm at work and Mike is flying off to Reno for his first "corporate trip" with Nevada Power. Girls' night tonight!!!

4 comments:

Babs said...

Kate looks so grown up with her hair pulled back. What a cutie.

Lindsey said...

Yes, Kate is looking so grown up, I can't believe it. She is so gorgeous.

Aw, Dark Knight...I'm dying to see that. "My dear Christian Bale....I don't care if you had a "scuffle" with your mom, I love you still..."

Did you get anything at Anthropologie?

Petty Family said...

Kate looks absolutely adorable in those dresses! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Suzanne.

Julie T. said...

Kate is totally a little girl now! So cute:)