Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rental House Weekend

My parents have a rental house in Cedar City, just through the lot from their home. Actually, it's the house that my parents built way back when I was a baby, and where we lived in for a couple of years before my dad decided it would be fun to go back to school and get his Master's and Ph.D., which resulted in a long trek across the country. So anyway, my parents have been renting out their house for 30+ years. When we moved back to Cedar City 20 years ago, my grandparents moved to St. George and we moved into their house. So that's the back-story about the rental house. ANYWAY, this weekend Mike, Kate and I went to Cedar to help my parents do some work on the house to get it ready to rent again. I have to admit, I didn't do much "work" because Kate kept me busy. But Mike and my Mom did tons of stuff and it looks really good!

This picture of Kate is significant to my dad. When I was Kate's age (2) I used to sit on those stairs and throw a ball down to my dad, who would then throw it back to me. Evidently it was the greatest game in the world, as my dad tells me we'd do this for hours! So I thought Kate needed to pose in the same spot. The previous renters built a club house in the backyard and left it when they moved. It's actually really cute! And Kate had a ball in there making "cake" and driving cars along the carpet.
Kate and Mommy in the tree house. I have NO clue what my face is doing... so just look at Kate. She's much cuter!
Kate and I made a picnic lunch for Mike and my mom which we ate in the backyard. It was SO hot that day, even in Cedar! I didn't want to post this, because I look like crap-ola, but you all love me anyway, right?
After all the work, Mike and I went on a date to the Utah Shakespearean Festival to see Fiddler on the Roof. It was awesome! Mike had never been to the festival, so we went early to the Greenshow. It was so much fun! I love Cedar in the summer, and the SUU campus was as beautiful as ever. The play was fabulous! What a great way to spend the evening.

3 comments:

Sunflower Mama said...

That looks and sounds like you had a fun time. I admit Cedar is awesome in the summertime and it's always fun going to the Shakespearean Festival!
I LOVE that treehouse! We used to use the empty lot across from our Mtn. View Dr. house as a "tree-hut". I would've loved an actual house ;-)
BTW- you look FAB! You never take a bad picture so I don't know what you're talking about!

Suzette said...

ok for a minute there I was sure you were going to say you were moving into that house. How weird would that be? Kate sure is a CUTIE!!

The White Family said...

Karen it's Kami, how the heck are you? Your blog and your family are darling! This blog thing is so fun! I am just starting so I'm still a little slow but I getting there. As soon as I figure out how to do the link thing I'll add you! P.S. You look great!