29 years ago today my sweet sister, Lisa, was born!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!
In honor of my bestest friend, sister, confidante, and everything else, I rummaged through a LOT of old pictures. And I could NOT narrow them down! So I have included many many many pics of the good old days. Some of these I'm sure Lisa is going to kill me for posting, but they are soooo sweet! We've had some wonderful times growing up together.
So enjoy my tribute to Lisa Grady Larson!
Here's one of the first of many sister pictures... Lisa is just a couple of months old here.
4 Generations! Grandma Siggard, Grandma Petty, Mom, Karen, & Lisa
Easter 1980
Halloween in the "brick house"
Lisa got a mop for one of her birthdays and loved that thing! But I mostly chose this one for her little pouty mouth. She was known for this pout for most of her toddler years.
My parents say that Lisa rarely smiled when she was younger. I have no idea why, because she was always so bubbly and happy! But the next few pictures show her pouty face... which I think is TOTALLY adorable!P.S. How much does Kate look like Lisa in this picture? I can only hope that Kate grows up to be as beautiful as Lisa!
Such a sweet little girl!
Okay Lisa, DON'T kill me! But this look is so priceless I couldn't resist!
When we lived in Kansas, Lisa and I entertained for our parents all the time! We would invite them to tea parties and dress-up parties and dance parties. My parents were always so good to play along with us. Here's Lisa dancing with my mom... nice skirt Mother!
A dress-up party. At least I hope it was just playing dress-up. I hope my parents never allowed us out of the house looking like that!
Lisa and Karen, singing to our faithful audience... Mom and Dad.
Lisa is about 2 here, I think. We got this tent for Christmas and we practically lived in that thing!
One of my favorite pictures! I'm hugging Lisa and she's like... get away from me!
Lisa was always such an angel: never got in trouble (that I can remember); was always the peacemaker of the family; and always happy.
Remember being the graduation queen with Toby? Ahh, her first little boyfriend!
Graduating from West High Childcare. See, Lisa went to daycare and she turned out okay. I guess there's hope for Kate! :)
First day of school in Tennessee. I think this is 1983. I've always loved this picture because Kevin looks like a GOOF!
A pensive look from my little sis.
Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Petty. Not sure of the year... but I love Lisa's frilly little dress!
Sparklers at the cabin on the 4th of July!
Losing a tooth! So proud of that!
Here's Lisa and Kevin performing at our annual Christmas Eve program. Lisa has always been a performer! And she's so talented! Singing, acting, teaching. She's a natural in front of an audience.
Even a little bit of dancing! I think this hobby was short-lived, but I couldn't resist this picture of her in her costume! Don't hate me, Lisa! It's cute!
The 4 siblings, 1988.
Some of the cousins on the Petty side of the family-- missing Jessi, Brian & Anthon. Where were you, Jessi? Bri and Anthon weren't born yet! :)
At the cabin with Brian, 2007. Lisa has always been such a supportive sibling! She is there for any one of us at any time!

7 comments:
i don't mean to be off topic but it made me laugh when i saw, "us with our petty cousins"
like next family reunion you take a picture with your nice cousins or your mean ones -- and these ones are just petty! :-)
All fixed, Kristine! I never thought of that! :)
Ok, this has got to be one of my favorite posts. I absolutely love all those pictures! The group of the 3 "pouty" faces are my favorites - she is a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday Lisa!
Oh and Karen I have a picture of me when I was about 4 and we look EXACTLY alike. I will have to find a way to show it to you...you'll die.
What a cute post! It's always fun to take a stroll down memory lane! Looks like you have some good ones! It seems like FOREVER since I've seen you! I hate working so much (and long hours) Miss you! :)
What a sweet Karen - you are such a great sister! Happy Birthday to Lisa! She is as wonderful as you say! I LOVED seeing all those great growing-up photos - esp. the dance costume one - and the Petty cousins.
Karen.... I see a little Kate in you in these pics of you and cute Lisa as little girls! yay! We now know she's going to be gorgeous, like you!
How fun to have all those great pictures. I have some funny memories of little LISA as well. I love the pout face and that picture of Kevin is just exzactly how I remember him :)!!!
Post a Comment