Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seriously, So Blessed!

Have any of you seen this blog? Seriously, So Blessed! is a spoof on all the "Mormon mommy" blogs out there... I guess that includes yours truly! In any case, it is hilarious! This Mormon gal in Utah made up this blog about a fictional newlywed to poke fun at all the happy, upbeat, seemingly perfect lives of all these mommy bloggers who brag about their perfect children, hot husbands, and fun adventures. All I can say is, it hits the nail square on the head. It's been featured on KSL and in the Deseret News. Read the articles, then check out the blog. Apparently a lot of people are highly offended when they read her blog, and my guess is, that's because it hits too close to home for them. One of the commenters on the Deseret News website said "If you're not laughing, it's about you." Very true. If we can't laugh at ourselves, what else is there? In any case, I read this blog all afternoon, and laughed my butt off! Enjoy the tongue-in-cheekness of it... everything from her blog entries, to the songs on her playlist, to her bio. So funny!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ok, I feel like a total dork because I didn't know it was a spoof! I have been there a couple of times and laughed but mostly thought it was kind of annoying. I love how she called Barack "Brock". LOL

Unknown said...

I know, it's funny, huh! good times :-)

Sunflower Mama said...

I heard of it a while ago and had no idea it was a spoof but I couldn't stop laughing! I thought she was a little too happy but some people think they are perfect. Laughing now that it's a spoof. ;-)

Emily Petty said...

Jessi showed Frank and I this blog just this past weekend - so funny!

Lindsay G said...

I'm so glad you posted about this because I hadn't heard of it before! It is absolutely hilarious! Now when I read other people's blogs (including my own) I can't help but laugh and think about how silly we are sometimes! LOVE IT!

Jaime Lynne said...

Thanks for introducing me to my new favorite blog... It really makes me smile!

Teri said...

It is a funny blog. I love reading the comments too. People KILL me! I left one for her when she was doing a give away last week. I SERIOUSLY (not really) thought I would win because it was a funny comment, but she didn't pick me.