Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Breather

Kate woke up very somber and clingy this morning. She wanted nothing more than to cuddle with me on the couch and watch Little Mermaid. But I pushed her out the door to go to work. We were nearly at her preschool when she BARFED all over the car... total YUCK! That was the wake-up call I needed that my little girl needed the TLC of her mama today. We u-turned right around home and have been enjoying the day ever since. She's not really acting sick anymore, so she must have gotten whatever was bugging her out of her system and into the car upholstery. In any case, I think we both needed a veg-out day. It's been so nice. I have been absolutely crazed with work lately, to the point that I'm not even being productive anymore-- just running from thing to thing without putting my heart into any of it. I think that Kate can sense that stress and it sometimes just gets to be too much. So we're playing with her baby dolls, reading books on the couch, and spending some fun time together. Except for now, because she's finally sacked out. Mike will be home soon, so we can enjoy a nice dinner together before heading off to mutual tonight-- Pinewood Derby races, yay!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad!!! You are such a good mommy. I can't wait to see all of you. I am scared though becuase Kate won't even know us :( Hope everything else is going well. Love and miss you!

ps...MORE PICTURES!!!!

Julie T. said...

Glad you guys had a nice day together- sad to hear about your car:( Kate looked so cute tonight at mutual- she didn't look sick at all- funny how kids bounce back so fast!!

Kelly said...

How sweet!

Suzette said...

I hate it when my kids Barf in the car it never seems to get all the way out and cleaning the car seat is a PAIN!!! But I do love cuddle time when they are not feeling well. I'm glad you got a breather :). And that Kate is feeling better.

Sundee said...

Two days after we bought our last car Kasun barfed all over the back seat. I guess you could say it got broke in pretty quick. One of these times we should get a group of us old Mohey girls together and have lunch. I love reading your blog. You have a beautiful daughter.