Mike's grandfather, Lynn Pardonnet, passed away this morning. He'd suffered a stroke and had been in ICU since Friday night. We are going to miss him so much. Grandpa was such a special man. He loved his family and was such a joker. I see a lot of his personality in Mike. We are glad that we're going to Idaho Falls this week to spend time with the family and attend Grandpa's funeral. I know that Mike's family has been going through hell the past few days, so I hope that they can rest and know that Grandpa is reunited with his wife now, and that they are happy. I met Grandpa back in 2001 when Mike and I first started dating, and he was always so wonderful to me. I loved going on their family trips, playing "hand-n-foot" cards at Henry's Lake, listening to stories of his time in Korea, having him visit us here in Las Vegas (where he was VERY lucky at the slots!!!) and many other memories. This picture below was taken two years ago at Thanksgiving. Kate really bonded with "Great-Papa". We will make sure she always knows what an amazing man her great-grandfather was. Read more about Lynn Pardonnet here.
We'll miss you Grandpa!
We'll miss you Grandpa!
8 comments:
Karen, I am crushed, I loved Mike's so much (and I know Darik was closer to him than his own grandparents). So I guess you'll see us at the funeral, too. He was a very great guy who made EVERY person feel important.
I'm so sorry Karen. My heart goes out to you.
Mike and Karen, I am so sad and sorry for your family. I loved your Grandpa Mike. He was always so sweet to me. He was one of my favorite gambling buddies. He had such a sweet and loving spirit. Tell your mom and aunt that I am thinking of them and you are all in my prayers. I am so happy that Kate got to meet him and spend some time with him.
Give Mike our condolences. He looked like a very nice man.
So sorry to hear about Mike's grandpa. My grandma just passed away a few weeks ago, so I know how you are feeling. My thoughts are with you.
So sorry to hear about the passing of Mike's grandfather. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.
I'm so sorry to hear of Great-Papa. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hey Karen!
Julie is going to plan the Mohey reunion. I won't be to the actual "15 year" reunion because we are going to Oceanside with Ray's family, but we will be passing through Cedar on our way to CA, so we are thinking about doing it on Thursday July 2nd (day before reunion) I hope that will work for everyone. We figured if we just let everyone know in advance then they could plan for it.
So you will have to bring the scrapbook that you did. Don't ask me where I was (or maybe I just forgot) but I didn't even know there was one. Kami said they (people at Cedar High)were going to throw them away! She grabbed the one that Stephanie Cooley made. I am glad you have it, so it didn't get tossed!
Post a Comment