Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl

I'm not writing this to brag by any means, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that today I hit 33 pounds lost since August! Yay! I've worked really hard, and feel only a tiny bit guilty that I've had the help of some phentermine to jump-start this weight loss (don't worry, it's only for a couple more weeks). But I really have enjoyed exercising more and realizing that I can indeed lose some of this flab that's been driving me crazy. But I wanted to share two things on the weight-loss front that I've been obsessed with lately. The first is this book: It's the true story of this Aussie girl, Shauna, who was once 350 pounds. She lost literally half of her body weight and is now making big bucks talking about it. The book is a compilation of her blog entries over the course of about 4 years. And talk about REAL! Everything in the book I could completely relate to: the binging alone, the feelings of doom and gloom when she'd lose a little just to put it all back on again, and the elation she finally felt after discovering exercise and a healthy way of life. It's really inspiring for anyone who's in need of losing weight. I've really enjoyed reading it. She also has a blog that you can read here.

ALSO, I've discovered another little nugget: Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.
Oh. My. Gosh! Any Biggest Loser fans know what a total bad-A Jillian is. And in this DVD, she seriously kicks my butt all over the place. And the workouts are only 20 minutes! I know! But the way she breaks things down, I'm literally a puddle of sweat at the end. So I'm doing this in the mornings, and hopping on the elliptical at night. I'm so glad that I'm finally able to see some results! Anyway, I don't want this to be a big old brag-fest for me, but if anyone out there is struggling with weight, these are two little gems that have helped me lately. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Julie T. said...

Yeah for you Karen!! You are so awesome. I wish I would have gotten to see you and Jill at the game the other night. I hope to run into you again!

Babs said...

Go on and brag girl. You've been working hard and you deserve to celebrate! You'll be my inspiration after I have this baby :)

Unknown said...

you are awesome. i'm going to get 30 day shred from netflix and check it out!

Nicole said...

Wow, GOOD FOR YOU! That is totally awesome. Thanks for the recommend about 30 Day shred. I'm looking for something I can do in the house--haven't been able to get to the gym with 2 kids on completely opposite schedules. Anyhow, way to go!

Taralee said...

Whatever, you SHOULD be braggin' about losing 33 lbs. That not an amount that will just jump off of you on it's own. It shows you've been working for it. I'm so proud of you. I remember after having Halle, I got down to my pre pregnancy weight and it felt good and I looked good. That's what I have to hold on to to work my butt of and lose this dang weight after baby #4. Ahhh, the crapiness of the baby weight rollercoaster :( But all for a great cause!!!!!!! :)
I'm gonna have to check out Jillians DVD. I LOVE that girl!

Emily Petty said...

Go ahead and brag - you deserve it! That's awesome - I think I need to check out that video.

Kim said...

YAY Karen! Congrats! That's awesome!!!

M. Harrison said...

Awsome! I am soooo happy for you. You look great and I know that you feel great...you can see it though your writing. We love you lots!

Willy The Prince said...

Congrats girl. I'm proud of you.

jessi said...

You go girl! That is so great Karen! And like everyone else says - you have bragging rights with this one. Keep us posted on your continuing success. I have two workout videos I like (and need to start using again), but the workouts are too long (at least 45 minutes). Liked to hear that Jillian's is shorter but really effective - I will have to check it out.

Lisa said...

Yea Karen! Good job! And thanks for sharing, really, when I hear of other's successes at excersing, I think, hey, I can do that, too. if I can get my rear in gear. Congrats.

Jolene said...

Hi there Mike and Karen,Kurt showed me your blog so I could see his picture. Heather created me a blog just before she left for Georgia. I'm not very good yet but it will be fun as soon as I learn what to do. Good to see pictures as its been a while since I saw you last. My blog is Grandmaholverson.blogspot.com

HammondFam said...

Wow, that is awesome...congrats!! You are not bragging, you are just sharing something awesome about your life, that you have worked hard for!!

I have heard amazing things about Jillian lately. This is like the 3rd or 4th post I've read about how great Jillian's dvd is. I think I will go out and buy it today!!

HammondFam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.