Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Fun: A List of "Firsts"

I have "firsts" on my mind today. I'm going to a bridal shower this weekend where the theme is "firsts", and so when I came across this list of "firsts" on my friend, Emily's Facebook page, I thought it'd be fun to fill it out. Except I cannot figure out how to post it on my own FB page, so I'll put it here instead! Here goes:

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
I didn't go to "prom" but my high school boyfriend and I went to a bunch of dances my sophomore year.

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
No, just the occasional greeting on Facebook.

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I've never really had an alcoholic drink. Just a sip of a strawberry daiquiri once. I am WILD!

4. What was your FIRST job?
A salad-bar girl at Shoney's

5. What was your FIRST car?
A 1981 Dodge Ram

6. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Prince in Knoxville, Tennessee

7. What was your FIRST grown-up job?
After college, it was a morning show producer at KIFI Local News 8 in Idaho Falls.

8. What town did you FIRST live in when you moved away from your parent's house for the first time?
**Amended answer: I lived in Bryce Canyon for the summer right after high school.

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I think we flew to Kansas when I was three years old. But the first one I remember was flying from Tennessee to Utah at age 8.

10. Who was your FIRST best friend and do you still talk?
My first real BFF was Carolyn Brady in St. Louis, who I met in the 4th grade, and we just reconnected through Facebook.

11. Where was your FIRST sleep-over?
I totally remember this! At this girl Lori's house in Manhattan, Kansas. I was 5 years old and we got to sleep in her bunk beds!

12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Mike

13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
My own! :)

14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Turned off the alarm and DIDN'T work out! A first in a long time for me.

15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
I didn't go to a bunch of concerts growing up, but I do remember going to the Beach Boys!

16. FIRST Tattoo?
Um, no tattoos ever, thank you very much!

17. FIRST piercing?
Ears, at age 16! My mom wouldn't allow it before then. Sad, I know.

18. FIRST foreign country you ever went to?
Canada :)

19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
I'm sure this wasn't the first one I saw, but one that sticks out in my mind was that movie Firestarter with Drew Barrymore. I was only about 8 years old, and it freaked me out!!!

20. When was your FIRST detention?
I never had official detention, but my mom would ground me if I got bad grades. Sitting at the dining room table all day doing homework under her watchful eye was worse than any detention!

21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
Utah

22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
**Amended answer: Suzette Goulding, in Bryce Canyon

23. Your FIRST camping trip?
We camped a lot as a kid, so I can't remember the absolute first.

That's it, I think! :) Happy Friday to one and all!

4 comments:

Suzette said...

I thought Bryce would be the 1st place you lived away from family and I was your 1st roommate. Or because it was just the summer does that not count?

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, Suzette, you're right! That totally counts! I hadn't thought of that. I changed my answers! :)

Suzette said...

Karen,
You are so funny. I was just giving you a hard time :)!!! It's not like we actually moved out we only took clothes. But we sure tried to take all our stuff huh. Remember we would begg Kent and Lane to bring back stuff for us. Good times!!!

T&JCrawford said...

I was there for a lot of those firsts~! Bryce sucked that summer! I totally missed you! Salad-bar girl was awesome because you eventually became a server and got tips and met boys!