Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Hey-o! Sorry one and all for the lapse in posts. Between losing my flashdrive with all my photos, a week of hit and miss time at work, playing with the family, and just not having enough time, I just haven't had it in me. But anyway, I have a spare few minutes this afternoon, so I wanted to write about Easter weekend. Mike and I spent last week trading off going to work, since Kate's preschool was closed for Spring Break. It was WONDERFUL staying home with Kate and being a pretend SAHM for a little while. Gives me a taste of what's {hopefully} to come in the next year when Mike graduates from college! :) Anyway, we played a lot all week. Friday we went to Cedar City to spend Easter with my family.
Here we are... on the road! Kate wiled away the hours by watching "KATE-TV"... home videos of herself. She's obsessed! Then Kate and I got beautified thanks to our dear friend, Vickie. We both needed some hair attention! Some of our Easter plans were foiled by a) the weather-- it SNOWED on Saturday morning when we were just about to head out to the Sigma Nu Easter Egg Hunt! and b) Kate getting sick. She ran a high fever much of the day Saturday and Saturday night. I needed to get her fever down and yet Kate refused to un-bundle herself from all her blankets. So I bribed her with a pedicure. This picture was taken around 12:30a.m. when we were all up with her. Poor little thing was SO sick. But she was excited to get her toenails done. Luckily, Kate's fever broke in time to enjoy a few perks of the Easter season. We dyed eggs with the fam. That's my Grandma Petty, Kate, and me! Mike made the best eggs with his artistic skills. And Kate just loved tossing the eggs into the dye and watching the water splash everywhere. Some of the finished eggs
Sunday morning Kate probably should have just stayed in bed, since she still wasn't feeling well. But I sooo wanted her to wear her darling Easter dress to church! So I got her all dolled up for some pictures and for Sacrament meeting. She and Mike bailed shortly after for home and more Tylenol.
Kramer and Kate in the traditional "picture spot" at my parents' house. Many a family photo has been taken in front of his fireplace.Feeling much better to do the Easter Egg Hunt after church. The Easter Bunny left Kate special hot pink eggs to hunt. And we grown-ups weren't left out, either. The Easter Bunny really outdid herself in hiding the eggs for us around the house. In fact, we never actually found the last one...


Other highlights of the weekend included:
  • the SUU production of "The Wizard of Oz". Mike and I really enjoyed the play, once we changed seats away from the Fuyuns/Farting people beside us. Yes, they smelled like Funyun chips and farts... horrible!!!
  • Seeing Lisa's tiny little "baby bump"-- so cute! Kate is excited to know where her newest cousin will be living until August... safe inside Aunt Lisa's tummy
  • Learning other exciting family pregnancy news... {no, it's not me!} but I'll let the parties involved announce when they're ready!
  • Mom's fabulous turkey dinner. It was so yummy!
  • The Bunny cake
  • Lots of nice long naps!

Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

So fun!! Those pictures are adorable. Kate is such a cutie, and she looks GORGEOUS in her easter dress! Glad she's feeling better. That cracked me up about Kate-TV. I'll have to try that with Joshua, see if he understands that he was once a baby like Ella. Big hugs to you guys!

Taralee said...

WAY FUN! And Kate is so cute and so grown up :) Chase has actually had a fever the last day and it won't go away unless he's druged up. Wonder what it is?

That's fun you and Kate had some salon time. That's the best! :)

Julie T. said...

It is so good to catch up on what your family is up to! Kate is getting so grown-up! So sad that she wasn't feeling well- but it still looks like she had a great Easter weekend!

Lindsey said...

Seriously that girl is so damn cute. I'm sorry to say that word but in some cases I just have to! I just love her! I'm so sorry she wasn't feeling well, that is not fun.

Congrats to Lisa, too! How fun! Another sweet girl! And are you sure it's not you with the announcement? I just have this feeling that it is.... ;)

Suzette said...

oh my word Grandma petty hasn't changed in 15 years. She still looks the same. What great gene's you got there :)!!!
So sorry Kate was sick. Gavin was sick too. It made for a very LONG weekend with the boys out of school Friday and Monday. I hate it when kids are sick.
ok so the news does the coupls start with K&L? If it's from your fam. I know it's not B. :)!!!