For Kate's birthday Mike and I gifted her the movie Cinderella~ a Disney classic beloved by millions. Including me. But Kate has a habit (like many children I'm sure) of of watching one movie over and over and over until I can barely stand it. She's completely ruined Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan for me forever. She's threatening to ruin Beauty and the Beast (my absolute favorite Disney flick) with her incessant watching. And now Cinderella. But that's not really my problem today.
Today, my mind has been stuck on the song "Sing Sweet Nightingale" for hours. And hours and hours. All day yesterday the lyrics were stuck in my head. I really thought a good night's sleep would do the trick. But no. In between dreaming that Mike's real-life snoring was a car revving its engine for like two hours, I woke up humming "Sing sweet Nightingale." I've tried listening to other songs, thinking about other things, I've even tried working today! But nothing is helping. All I can do is sing the lyrics to myself again... and again.
There's only like 5 words in the song, which makes it worse that they keep repeating over and over and over and over and over. Help! I'm willing to try anything. I love Cinderella, but I can't bear that song any longer! Granted, it's better when she sings it, rather than the step-sisters, but even so! Ugh!
So that's my struggle on this Wednesday mid-morning. Trivial? Probably. But I can't get anything else done right now!
Today, my mind has been stuck on the song "Sing Sweet Nightingale" for hours. And hours and hours. All day yesterday the lyrics were stuck in my head. I really thought a good night's sleep would do the trick. But no. In between dreaming that Mike's real-life snoring was a car revving its engine for like two hours, I woke up humming "Sing sweet Nightingale." I've tried listening to other songs, thinking about other things, I've even tried working today! But nothing is helping. All I can do is sing the lyrics to myself again... and again.There's only like 5 words in the song, which makes it worse that they keep repeating over and over and over and over and over. Help! I'm willing to try anything. I love Cinderella, but I can't bear that song any longer! Granted, it's better when she sings it, rather than the step-sisters, but even so! Ugh!
So that's my struggle on this Wednesday mid-morning. Trivial? Probably. But I can't get anything else done right now!
Are you singing it now, too? You are? hahahahaha!!!
3 comments:
Karen.
You crack me up! Some of your posts are so funny. I know what you mean about having to watch movies over and over again. I wish mine were Disney movies. Instead my kids watch the Wiggles and Barney!
Ugh, now that song is going to be in my head the rest of the day too! CURSES!! Joshua hasn't gotten into the disney movies just yet, but I'm sure our time is coming...
Ha ha! So funny Karen!
Post a Comment