Monday, July 27, 2009

M

Mike and I are two pretty lucky people. You see, a co-worker of mine was given a free weekend stay at the new M Resort here in our lovely town. She graciously offered it to us, and we graciously accepted.
My wonderful parents came and babysat (read: spoiled) Kate all weekend so Mike and I could have a mini-vacay. We are so thankful to them!
It was such a great weekend.
Our room was spectacular. The view of the strip from our floor-to-ceiling windows was amazing. Unfortunately photographs (at least my photographs) didn't do it justice!
After having dinner with Kate and my parents Friday night, we checked into the hotel, then took a romantic stroll near the pool.
The resort is beautiful! We enjoyed the grounds, the live band in the bar, the darling little bakery (Baby Cakes) with the creamiest gelato, and the pool.
In fact, the next morning we called Grandma to bring Kate over for a little dip. This may have been a romantic weekend for me and Mike, but I missed our little gal.
She had a blast!
Her lounge chair in the water.
Photo Shoot 2009!
Practicing holding her breath. Swimming lessons, we need you!
Shortly after our sun-filled swim, dark clouds hovered once again and dumped rain in the afternoon. A perfect time to escape to the hotel for a grand buffet lunch (yes I ate too much!) and an afternoon matinee of Harry Potter 6.
After seeking out Kate to give her a goodnight kiss that evening (it's hard to "go away" for a vacation when I know my little girl is just a few miles away!) we headed back to the hotel.
Sunday morning we slept in (well I didn't... Mike is a snorer. The sooner he takes his sleep study the better for our marriage!) and ate scrumptious chocolate croissants from the bakery.
A fun weekend for sure! We appreciate my co-worker and my parents for making our getaway possible.

5 comments:

Taralee said...

WOW! How fun! I'm sure you enjoyed it. I wouldn't know what it feels like though :) We've NEVER had a night away from kids SINCE WE'VE HAD KIDS, 7 years ago. **well except when I'm in the hospital having another baby, haha**

That was SO nice your co worker gave you their stay.

Willy The Prince said...

Fun! I think it's so important to have time with your spouse.

you look beautiful.

M. Harrison said...

Where can I find some friends like yours? Don't get me wrong, mine are good, but MAN, you guys seem to get to do a ton of fun stuff! I'm glad that you got some away time and had fun too.

The Grady's said...

you look so gorgeous in the last picture! I love how you did your make-up!

Sunflower Mama said...

That place looks amazing! Drove thru and it seems there's always a new hotel popping up. It looks like you had a fabulous time. Glad you could get away and enjoy some quality time together. p.s. you look gorgeous!