Saturday: A day of many celebrations.
Here's the birthday girl with her beloved Kramer the morning of July 18. Such a cutie pie!
In St. George, we celebrated Lisa and the impending arrival of "Baby Girl Larson" (name to be announced at a later date... like the due date)
.
Note: I tried to hide as much as possible behind Lisa's lovely baby bump in this picture, lest anyone think that my lack of exercise means I'm pregnant too!
Lisa, our great aunt Bea and the party cake.
.
Note: I tried to hide as much as possible behind Lisa's lovely baby bump in this picture, lest anyone think that my lack of exercise means I'm pregnant too!
Lisa with her "loot" after the shower.
That afternoon, determined to beat the 111 degree heat, we escaped to Derek's parents' pool for burgers, hot dogs, homemade potato salad, fresh fruit, baked beans and of course cupcakes (which melted in the extreme heat. Cupcakes don't travel well. Just a little tip from me to you!)
But our gal LOVED swimming the most.
Here's Kate with Uncle Derek. She's such a little fish!
Uncle Derek spoiled Miss Kate with 20 balloons of her very own decorated all over the house. Due to my extreme balloon phobia (I know, I know) we only took 2 home to Las Vegas.
After opening up many wonderful gifts, Kate blew out her candles, and with that we now have a 3-year-old!
The long day ended very late at night back in Las Vegas, where Mike snoozed on Kate's bedroom floor as Kate and I rocked in the chair, watching the massive summer thunderstorm outside. We had a lovely chat about rain (likes it) and lightning (hates it) and other things on her mind. Then she cuddled up close to me and said "I love you Mommy" at which point my heart burst with pride. I am so honored to be Kate's mother!
5 comments:
What a cute three year old you have!
You are so on the ball with the blog! I don't know when I'll get the shower/birthday pix posted. They look cute and we had so much fun with Kate!
We are glad that you guys had a great day of fun and relaxation, and nothing beats a good thunderstorm. I just love those. You guys are awsome and are in our thoughts lots. We love you Kate and are glad that you are 3 now!
Happy Birthday to Kate and Congratulations to Lisa!
What a cutie! I can't believe you have a 3-year old, which means it has been longer than that since we've seen you. Wow time flies
Post a Comment