Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Lots and lots of Halloween

We had lots of fun this year for Halloween.
It seemed to stretch over many many days, and by the time actual Halloween rolled around, I think we were all a little over it. But we had a fantastic time!
.
Primary Presidency Pumpkin Party
Thanks to the Bowens for having all the Primary presidency and families over for yummy pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin carving. We missed Mike, who was chained to his desk finishing a school project that night.
.
Kate's Preschool Harvest Festival
After the initial freak-out (I think Kate has issues with large crowds) we had a fun time with all of her friends from school.
The parade!
Kate with her preschool besties. They were all princesses this year except for Kate. We tried that last year and it didn't work out so well.
.
Pumpkin carving with Kevin and Mike
Thanks to Uncle Kevin and Mike, we had awesome pumpkins this year. I don't really love the whole carving thing. Just one of those holiday traditions you have to do, you know?
The finished creations! That's mine in the middle... I know it's ghetto.
Mike's was awesome, as usual.
.
Park Time with Kevin
Before our ward party, we spent a beautiful fall morning at the park.
.
Ward Party
We dressed Kate up in her costume again for the Harvest party at our church.
Isn't she the cutest???
Mike entered the root-beer chugging contest. I think he came in a close second!
Way to go, Mike!
I love this picture of Kate trying to get that darn doughnut in her mouth.
.
Trick-or-treat!
Finally, we made it to Halloween night! When I woke Kate up on Saturday and told her it was Halloween, her response was "again?" Hee!
We took her around our neighborhood, which is the perfect size for her. Because nobody was getting many trick-or-treaters, they loaded her up.
Here's her loot!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2009!
.
P.S.
Elder Brian Grady comes home this Sunday!!! Kevin and Mom are over in the Philippines as we speak, touring his mission area and eating what I can only imagine is rather interesting cuisine. We can't wait to see everyone on Sunday!!!

9 comments:

jessi said...

Fun recap, Karen. I love that Kate was a clown. Mmmm. . . that donut looks so yummy - we don't get that lovely treat over here in the traditional glazed form - I miss it. We are so excited for Brian to get home. The cuisine is rather bland as far as I have heard. What a shock it will be for him to reintegrate after being in such a place! Thanks for keeping your blog updated with awesome posts! love ya!

The Grady's said...

Thanks for taking care of Kevin while he was over there! Looks like you guys had a busy Halloween!

Wash Ranch Relief Society said...

Kate is so cute as usual.
And no way Brian is coming home it's been two years that's crazy!!! How fun for your Mom and Kevin to go and get him I think that's awesome. I hope I can do that with my boys.

M. Harrison said...

You did have a busy few days! I love the clown costume...Andrew was also a clown for Halloween when Trevor was born. It brings back fun memories.

Emily Petty said...

What a cute little clown - congrats to Brian coming home!

Wash Ranch Relief Society said...

Oops sorry the Walsh ranch is me. Logged into the wrong account :)!!!
Suzette

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Kate looks SO cute as a clown! I'm glad it turned out better than the princess of last year...

The Hulls said...

That clown costume is the cutest! You look soo cute Kate!

BKFW said...

Cutest little clown EVER! So sweet looking! I LOVE HER! Hope you had a wonderful Halloween!