Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Is it really over? Hey, what happened to Thanksgiving? And how is it December already?

I blinked, and suddenly Thanksgiving was over and it was December 1st. How in the hickory heck did that happen? I'm still thinking about carving jack-o-lanterns and finding my fall decorations. I guess I better get on the ball before the whole holiday season zips by and I miss it all!
Family Time
We did have a fabulous Thanksgiving break. It started off in Las Vegas on Wednesday night when Mike and I took Kate to see the lights at the Ethel M chocolate factory and cactus garden.
Thanksgiving Dinner
was mouthwateringly amazing, as all my mother's cooking always is. The whole Grady clan, minus Kevin and Leslie, plus Grandmas Grady and Petty, gathered in Cedar City for a wonderful feast.
After dinner Mike did this...
while they did this...
and Lisa and I did this...
Later that weekend we made gingerbread cookies for a
Top-Secret Grady Family Mission.
It was so much fun! :)
November 28
...a day to reflect on people who have gone before us... at least in our family. Both Mike's grandfather, Lynn Pardonnet and my grandfather, Frank Petty would have celebrated birthdays on 11/28. We went with Grandma Petty to the cemetery to put Christmas wreaths on his headstone and those of our other family members. It was a nice morning, and started to snow beautifully while we were there.
Little Miss Lydia
is seriously the cutest little thing in the world!
I'm kind of in love with her.
Festival of Trees
We capped off the weekend with a visit to the Festival of Trees in Cedar City. They were spectacular!
So I guess I need to get into Christmas-mode now. With Mike studying for finals and work responsibilities, we might get our tree up before the middle of the month. If we're lucky.
.
On another note, I haven't really talked much about my pregnancy. But we're doing great! I'm 21 weeks along today, and feeling this little guy kick a LOT. It's my favorite thing. I've already got a few nursery ideas going in my head. We just need to find time to get everything done! April will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

You're totally stealing my thunder by posting all the cute pix from our Thanksgiving before I do :)

If anyone reads both our blogs, occasionally they're going to get double the fun, right?