Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Letter to Insomnia

Dear Insomnia,
.
You suck.
You are mean and horrible and I don't like you at all.
Please go away and leave me alone.
.
Respectfully,
Karen.

So... I'm 22 weeks along today with this pregnancy, and aside from the fact that I haven't slept in several days, I'm doing good. Oh and the fact that I gained 8 pounds in one month... oops. That's not really good either. But aside from that and the not sleeping thing, I'm going great! Little Baby Boy is kicking up a storm and I love it! Kick all you want, Junior. It's so cool to feel it.
.
Mike is in the throes of finals week here at UNLV. One down, three more today, and then two term papers due on Friday. He's such a trooper! I'm very proud of him and all the study hours he's logged this semester.
.
We're looking forward to a much-needed break in frigid Idaho Falls for Christmas. Hope to see some of you Idahoans during our trip. We can't wait to see our newest niece, Danica and the rest of the Sharp clan.
.
In the meantime, not a single Christmas gift has been purchased. And for some reason it took me 6 hours to complete the simple task of cleaning my closet on Saturday when I should have been out shopping and thinking of others. Not so! What's happening to me?
.
Happy Holidays! :)

2 comments:

M. Harrison said...

I know what will help cure your insomnia...kick Mike out of the bed. His racket is probably not helping in the sleep department. Love you Mike!!

Emily Petty said...

I hope you get some sleep soon!