Last night, during a final pick-up sweep through the house before bed, I took some time to just enjoy our cozy living room, all decorated for the holidays. Even though we'll be spending the actual Christmas holiday elsewhere, we wanted to do it up right in our home. It was quiet and clean (for once) so I had to snap a few pictures.
This is our makeshift mantel, since we don't actually have a fireplace: a television shelf built once upon a time by my dear brother, Kevin.
We've been reading a TON of Christmas stories this month. Once There Was a Christmas Tree is a favorite of Kate's. So we have them displayed, ready to pick up and read at any time.
This is where I want to be right now: cuddled up on the couch, sipping hot chocolate, reading books with my family. :)
Merry Christmas to All!
P.S. A year ago today, Las Vegas was hit with a big fat snowstorm. This was the scene one year ago today. Crazy. Today is sunny and warm!
8 comments:
Looks so cozy and festive! Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow :)
Very cozy. I love to curl up by the tree and just read with my kids. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing christmas.
Looks great! Hope your holidays are very bright!
Ahhh, so beautiful! Merry Christmas to you guys. Best wishes!
Your tree is beautiful! I think that the room looks awsome. Merry Christmas and happy hot chocolate guzzling! See you soon.
Wow Martha!!! Your tree is gorgeous. I wish I had your decorating touch.
Merry Christmas girlie.
Your house looks beautiful!
Post a Comment