Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Sis

So, I have hesitated posting anything about the recent drama in our family. Mainly because it's not my story to tell and because I, like my sister, don't want to be perceived as someone seeking pity. But since it's all I've been thinking about for the past couple of weeks, I wanted to write about it in some way.
However, since Lisa is and always has been a much better writer, I would like for you to check out her story in her own words.

And please, if you would, remember my sister in your prayers this week.
We love her so much!

10 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

We love her lots too! :) We will be prayin much this weekend! Hope you are doing well!

M. Harrison said...

We love you guys and hang in there. I'm glad that she is going to have her procedure this weekend and hopefully be done with it all. We will definitely be thinking of her and praying for a great outcome. Love you, love you, love you.

The Pratts said...

Karen, That is my biggest fear - truely MY BIGGEST. Something happening to me while I am home alone with the kids... worse, not being able to tell anyone. I don't even know your sister and I was in tears reading it. She is in our prayers - I promise. Keep us updated. Also - we are only about a 25 minute drive from most of the SLC hospitals, so if they need a place to stay or if your brother-in-law needs somewhere to go even for a little - they are welcome here. Also I do food delivery to the hospital all the time when my Dad goes in (routine pacemaker stuff) and so if they need a meal or yummy treat, that doesn't come on a cafe try have them call me!

Love to you and your whole family,
Summer

PS do you have our phone number if they need anything? If not email me and I will get it to you.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh. Lisa, I know that we have only met a couple of times in Cedar and that was only for a few minutes but I have always thought you were awesome and have loved you! I truly hope that this weekend in SLC will be a good one. They will take good care of you and your parents will take very good care of your darling, darling baby. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your little family!

Suzette said...

Tell Lisa she is in our thoughts and prayers as well. What a overwhelming experience. How blessed to have family close by to help. Lydia will be in good hands. Keep us updated.

HammondFam said...

Wow, that is crazy! She is so young! My mom had TIA in May of 09, which is what the medical community terms a mini stroke. She lost her speech as well, and the doctor's still cannot explain why! It was such a scary experience! My thoughts and prayers are with your family and especially your sister. I hope your sister is able to get the proper meds she needs to insure that this does not ever happen again.

Lisa-Idaho said...

I have all of you in my thoughts and prayers! I left Lisa a little not on her blog. Love ya lots!

Sundee said...

How scary for your sister and your family. I am so glad that she is doing ok. I will definitely remember her in my prayers.

Emily Petty said...

We're still thinking of and praying for Lisa!

Willy The Prince said...

oh my gosh how scary. I'll be thinking of your family.