Friday, February 12, 2010

Sooo.....

It's 3:32 a.m.

and I'm wide awake.

Insomnia has been by far my worst symptom of this pregnancy. At least, I'm blaming the pregnancy. Who knows what's really causing it. I had a busy night with the Hall of Fame and maybe I'm having a hard time winding down after it. The event went relatively well, with the exception of one minor technical issue with one of the videos. It totally threw me back into my live television news producing days... days I do NOT miss, not one little bit! I'm too old for all that stress and drama. :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a busy 3-day weekend of painting, chair-rail hanging, bed assembling, organizing and decorating (Kate's new room).
We decided on no Valentine's Day plans this year. Honestly, we'd both rather spend this time with Kate doing house projects, like giving her a new bedroom and fixing up the baby's nursery.
How weird is that?


Happy Valentine's Weekend!!!

3 comments:

M. Harrison said...

Sorry. It's really not fun to be wide awake when the rest of the family is snoozing!! Hopefully you can have a few nights of good sleep before you are up with an infant!

Lindsey said...

Oh Karen. You and I are in the same boat. I can not sleep either...total insomnia. I will lay on the couch and then finally fall asleep at 5 and then have to get up at 6:30. It is awful.

Good luck with all the decorating. Sounds so fun! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

Willy The Prince said...

I was such an insomniac too!! Grrr. Now I dream of the day when I can sleep in - in 18 years perhaps.