Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sock Monkey Shower

This past weekend I was given an absolutely adorable baby shower by my dearest friend, Barb. The theme:
SOCK MONKEYS!
(Incidentally, that's the theme of the baby's room as well.)
It was such fun! Barb and my mom and sister went all out to make it such a sweet event.
I mean, just look at these cupcakes! (red velvet, my favorite) Aren't they darling? Our baby is now well-outfitted and has some beautiful blankets (handmade by my super-talented friends and family) to snuggle with when he arrives.
I plan to do another post with the finished nursery, where I'll show off all the fun decorations and things we have for our little guy. My mom and sister are the best! They helped provide some of the scrumptious food.
I love them! And the hostess with the mostess... my amazing friend Barb.
I was so happy that Shay and her girls traveled from St. George to spend the day.
One of my favorite gifts: a "vintage" sock monkey... aka, the sock monkey my mother made for me when I was a little girl. She touched it up and added new pom-poms.
All set for our little baby to enjoy!
Okay, I HATE this picture of me below. But for those of you (you know who you are) who have been inquiring about a "belly shot"... here you go. I'm larger than life. Thanks so much.
It was a wonderful party!
Thank you
to all my wonderful friends and family.

7 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

So fun! I am in ♥ with the Sock-Monkey theme!

M. Harrison said...

What a cute shower. They did a great job! I can't wait to see what the baby's room looks like...I think that the sock monkeys are really cute.

jessi said...

I love this post - to be in on the baby shower even though I couldn't come :) Can't wait for baby boy room design photos.

Suzette said...

So fun. And how special to get your old sock monkey. That's so cute!!!

The Grady's said...

so cute! Wish we could have been there!

Emily Petty said...

Very cute - I love the cupcakes and the sock monkey!

The Hulls said...

Oh I am so excited for you Karen!! The nursery turned out adorable. How is Shay? I miss her. I cannot believe her girls are so grown up, they are beautiful! Tell her I said hello. Good luck with the last few weeks! You look great!