Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Getting Settled

Well here we are! Smack dab in the middle of North Texas in a land called Arlington. It's been quite a month, that's for sure! And I have so many things to write and post pictures about ~ Mike's graduation, Dylan's blessing and the gusty picnic afterward, our wonderful families who visited for our last week in Las Vegas, packing and leaving our home, the 20(!!) hour car ride to Texas, finding our apartment, moving in, Mike starting his job, me starting my new job as a SAHM, swimming lessons, saying goodbye to my parents who came to help, library story time, finding our way around a new city, etc. I seriously have pictures to go along with all of that stuff. And I will get around to posting and writing about all of it, I will. But for now, I want to share that we are alive and well, thank you very much.

It's because of the tremendous help of our families and the love and support of our friends that we are doing as well as we are. Kevin and Leslie were gracious hosts and let us stay at their house for our first week here. And my parents flew down and spent literally every day driving 45 minutes to and from their house in east Dallas to our place in Arlington to help us unpack, organize, shop, etc. We are so thankful!


Dylan is growing up SO quickly! These pictures were taken yesterday afternoon in our kitchen while I was preparing dinner. He's 8 weeks already and so chubby and adorable! He loves to smile and coo at me, Mike and Kate. He's such a wonderful baby-- if only he'd learn to sleep through the night! I'm hoping any day now.. :)

Anyway, we are happy to be here, and hoping to find some friends in our ward and neighborhood soon. More posts to come!!!

9 comments:

Haws Family said...

I am SO GLAD you posted! I've been dying to know about your move! Best of luck beginning your new career. It must be a big change! I am so excite for you though... I love it! So cute to see Kate and Dylan together. He is getting so big! Wow it goes fast.

Nicole said...

Such cute pictures! My goodness, your little guy is getting so big. What a cutie. Our little one is STILL not here yet, getting very impatient. Best wishes on getting settled into your new place.

Our Happily Ever After said...

Awww...congrats on the new job! That is awesome Karen!!! Isn't it the best?!! Kate & Dylan are SOOOOO CUTE!!! Aren't those Bumbos awesome?! :) Best of luck to your beautiful family!

M. Harrison said...

Dylan IS getting big. He has changed so much since we last saw him! It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy with the little ones. Tell everyone "hi" for us. Don't forget pics of the new home...I see the white kitchen, which is a big change. Hopefully you love everything, and friends WILL come. Love to you all!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I love babies in Bumbo seats! Dylan looks so cute! I still think he looks a lot like Mike in some of these pictures, even though Mike says I'm crazy :)

Lisa-Idaho said...

Ican't believe how big both kids look! They have grown lots since I saw them. Hope all is going well and you guys will have lots of friends(who could not like all of you guys?) Love ya lots!

Lisa-Idaho said...

One more coment, I agree with Lisa that Dylan looks like Mike!

Lindsey said...

HOLY COW! That son of yours is so absolutely handsome! I have been dying to see pics of him! He does look like Mike but he has your mouth/smile and dimps! I just love him! And Kate is just as beautiful as ever!

The Hulls said...

I'm glad to hear you all are well! I know what you mean about missing the old life but excited for the new...I still have my times when I really miss Vegas times and friends. That's why blogs are so great..easier to keep in touch!! So glad that you are able to be home with those two gorgeous babes of yours! You will do great! Good luck with settling in...give it about 6 months and you will be good again:) I don't deal well with change either, but things will get normal again. Miss you guys and we wish you the best in TEXAS!!