The title of this blog has always been Sharp {Las Vegas}. Mike and I have used sharplasvegas for many things for the past 7 years, and changing everything now is kind of hard! We toyed with the idea of creating an entirely new blog altogether with a new name. But for the sake of my dear grandmother, who relies on my blog to find other blog addresses, we will keep it the same, and just re-name it Sharp {Texas}.
While we are really excited about this new phase of our lives and the opportunities here in DFW, my heart kind of aches for the life we left behind. We had fabulous friends, a comfortable home, great ward, and were in close proximity to our families. In going through all the photos I've taken the past several weeks, I got a little weepy. So I decided to start with the ones that particularly made me sad, in hopes that each event I post about will get easier. For the next several posts, there will be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to the order; just whatever I feel like talking about at that moment, I guess.
For me, moving day was hard. It was hard on Mike too, because he was the one doing 99% of the heavy lifting. I snapped a few pictures to document the last few hours in our house.
While we are really excited about this new phase of our lives and the opportunities here in DFW, my heart kind of aches for the life we left behind. We had fabulous friends, a comfortable home, great ward, and were in close proximity to our families. In going through all the photos I've taken the past several weeks, I got a little weepy. So I decided to start with the ones that particularly made me sad, in hopes that each event I post about will get easier. For the next several posts, there will be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to the order; just whatever I feel like talking about at that moment, I guess.
For me, moving day was hard. It was hard on Mike too, because he was the one doing 99% of the heavy lifting. I snapped a few pictures to document the last few hours in our house.
Now that we're settled into our new place it's a bit easier. But for a gal who doesn't deal with change very well, the last couple of months have been pretty crazy. Again, we appreciate our friends and family who came to the rescue in so many ways!

2 comments:
I'm happy to hear you're getting settled. But the selfish side of me is so sad to see it all coming to pass. Even though we didn't see each other that often, we still saw each other here and there and I'll miss that. I'm sure GLAD that we ran in to you guys at Cafe Rio that day. At least we got to see each other ONE last time before you moved. And I'm so so dang excited that you're now a SAHM. You'll be GREAT! You've got a whole new world in all aspects :)
Awww. Willy and I are constantly on the fence about leaving NY. We've been here 12 years, but it doesn't feel like home. I guess I've always thought we would head back west (not Utah) so when the though of leaving now crosses my mind I get sad.
I'm so excited to see what adventures are in store for Sharp {Texas}
Post a Comment