
I couldn't be prouder (more proud?) of my husband, Mike. May 8, 2010 was a day that for a long time seemed like it would never come. Mike began going to evening classes at UNLV waaay back in 2004 while working full-time as a journeyman electrician. He plugged away at his general ed courses, tackling each one without (much) complaint. Through 2005 and 2006 he kept up that part-time, evening schedule until the beginning of '07 when we made the decision for him to work part time and get this degree DONE! Fast forward to May 2010: Mike FINALLY received his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. He worked SO hard and sacrificed a lot to get this degree. Working and going to school
with a family is tough stuff; I don't recommend it. But he did it! I am extremely happy that we can put that part of our lives behind us (until he decides he wants a Master's) and move forward.

Mike's proud parents! We were so grateful to have so many of our family members present at the loooong commencement ceremony.

Kate couldn't wait to wrap her arms around her Daddy. She was so excited!

This is the
only family picture we got that was appropriate for posting. The rest, Kate is showing her underwear or some other body part.


Future UNLV Rebel?

YAY Mike! We love you so much!
Thanks to Justin Bowen for photographing this for our family!
1 comment:
Congrats again Mike! We were glad that we could come down. I have to admit that as I was watching the whole graduation procession I started crying...it is a great day when you can be done with all that and move on to other things. I could actually see the end in sight on that day. :)
Post a Comment