Monday, January 10, 2011

Sewing Project

 So, I had such fun making this apron for Kate with my mom.  I am now working on a twin one for me (with substantially more material... )
Since this was my first sewing project in quite a few years (it's been nearly 20 years since I went to sewing camp in St. George... yes I did!) I wanted to take it slow as far as the project was concerned.  
My mom helped me modify a pattern, but I'm proud to say I did most of the work myself.  
She and I had quite a time figuring out the button-hole thingy on the machine.  But it worked and I think it turned out cute! 

I'm really enjoying getting in touch with my inner-seamstress.  
Upcoming projects include: my apron, a skirt for Kate, new hot pads and a baby blanket for a certain someone. (not me)
It may take me a year; I can't really get much done while the kiddos are around.  Dylan tried pulling the iron on his head one too many times.
:)

6 comments:

Danielle said...

um, hello? cute stuff!!! i may have to pay you to make one for my girl.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Who is the certain someone who needs a baby blanket? Is there a pregnancy somewhere I have not heard about?

Shannon said...

So so cute! You did a fabulous job! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!!

jessi said...

oh my heck, that is right! You, me, and Lisa did sewing school/camp together. How cool were we!!! So glad we did that though, so I don't have to learn how to do basic sewing in my adulthood.

Julie T. said...

I went to sewing camp in St. George too! A lot of good that did me... so glad you are having such a great time in Texas!

Lori said...

Good for you! I have a huge list of projects but it is so difficult getting anything done with little ones under foot! Kate is adorable!