Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Next Stop: Project Runway

 So, I'm not the only one who has been experimenting with my Christmas present.  Mike was recently tasked with making a flag for his upcoming Scout camp-out.  At first he tasked ME with it, but after a teensy bit of complaining on my part (ahem...) he tackled the project himself.  And of course Mr. Perfectionist did a great job!

 Voila!  The finished product.  Mike designed this whole thing.  I sewed a little bit on the bull, but he sat down and completed the rest.  Not bad for his first time behind a sewing machine!
We have been having a lot of fun creating things this week.  I just finished another little project which I'll show you a bit later.  
I just want to say that I love exploring my "homemaking" skills!  Sewing kind of stresses me out, and I admit I would probably rather be in the kitchen cooking, but I really like experimenting.  And if I fail, oh well!  I can always try again.  Thank you, Mom, for getting me started!  And Mike thanks you too.. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

My, my did not know Mike could do that. Love the flag. Miss you guys.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I am way impressed Mike! And good job Karen too :)

Allen Family said...

Hey Karen--it's Jessi Excell-Allen, I don't know if you even remember me. I was, of course, Lisa's all time favorite roommate! ;) I just clicked on your blog off Lisa's and wanted to tell you that your kiddos are adorable. What a cute little fam you have. You seem to be enjoying Texas. We're in New Mexico and we too appreciate hitting the 60s in February! That is definitely a perk. Anyway, really cute kids and fun blog. Take care-- Jes

Kelly said...

Just buy cheap material so that if you screw up, it is not such a big deal. Then once you get better, you can get nicer stuff.