Monday, April 11, 2011

Reflecting

This week is all about Dylan!
Well, it's a little bit about Kate too (isn't it always?) as she has Kindergarten Roundup tomorrow.  But tomorrow, lest we forget, is our sweet Dylan's BIRTHDAY!!!
We are so grateful to have him in our family.  I am amazed at just what a fun baby he is.  At this moment, I'm typing this while he's in the bath, giggling at me.  My heart!  I love this kid.
I've been especially reflective lately about where we were one year ago, and just how much our lives have changed in just one short year.  Last year we were busy with Senior Design, UNLV graduation, Dylan's birth, and preparations for the big move to Texas. 
And now here we are, one year later.  School is but a distant memory (ahhhh...) and I've officially been a SAHM for one whole year.  I love it so much!  There are days, of course, where I'm less than productive and when I miss things about my former life (Barb, I'm talking to you and the Pink Taco gals!) but overall, I am so happy.  I'm so happy to be where we are, and having this chance to sit here at 8:39 in the morning with Dylan in the bath, and Kate playing beside me, with nothing but laundry, dishes, park time and meal planning on my agenda.  It's nice.  
So tomorrow is Dylan's big birthday.  But because of Kindergarten Roundup, Mutual, and about 50 other things going on, we'll be celebrating the Dyl on Wednesday.
Now, to figure out Dylan's birthday cake, etc.  I had such plans for a big party for him.  But alas, it hasn't happened.  We're keeping it simple this year.  I have a feeling he won't be disappointed though.

1 comment:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

He is so cute! Happy birthday Dylan! I wish we could be there!