Dearest Dylan,
One year ago, you were born into our little family. And we are so glad! You've changed our lives for the better in so many ways!
Your birth came at such a busy time for us. Daddy was right in the middle of finishing up school, working on his big Senior Design project. I had your nursery all ready, Auntie Barb had thrown a lovely shower where we got lots of gifts for you, and we were so anxious for your arrival. We were also getting ready for a big move to Texas, which was exciting but overwhelming for us, especially with you coming to us in the middle of everything.
Daddy and I went to the hospital on the afternoon of Monday, April 12th, just one day before your due date. The c-section was scheduled for 5p.m. We were anxious, nervous, excited, and a little bit scared for you to come. Dr.Vyas was running a little behind and didn't get to the hospital until about 6p.m. which did nothing for your poor mommy's nerves! But while I was hooked up to the monitors, the nurses informed me that I was having contractions. That meant you were ready to come with or without the c-section. :)
After what seemed like hours, Daddy and I walked down to the delivery room. I received special medicine and immediately felt nothing from the waist down. I laid on the table, heart pounding, ready for you to come to us. It went so smoothly. After just a few minutes, at exactly 6:24 p.m. I saw your sweet little body.
Daddy stayed with you while you were weighed (8 lbs. 8 oz.) and measured (19.5 inches) and cleaned up. The moment I got to see you was so wonderful! Daddy and I finalized your name (Dylan Grady Sharp) and spent several hours cooing over you. You took to nursing like a champ and have been a fantastic eater ever since! And we discovered you have heart-shaped nostrils. Love them!
Your big sister Kate came to meet you in the hospital. What a special moment that was! She was so excited to have her little brother here at last. You two have such a wonderful sibling bond. I pray that you'll never let go of that.
The first few weeks of your little life were spent amidst boxes as we prepared for the big move. Luckily we had lots of help from family and friends. Just a few days after Daddy's graduation and your baby blessing, we left our beloved Las Vegas behind.
We've loved watching you grow this past year. Your smile is so infectious. You have your sister wrapped around your finger. You won't remember our dear Kramer, but you loved playing with him too.
At one year old you:
-love playing in Kate's markers
-enjoy eating cheese, bread, peaches, pears, and crackers
-have such a cute group of baby friends
-are learning to walk... just a couple of steps here and there
-like to play ball, throwing it to me and then crawling really fast to get it
-enjoy walks in your stroller
-have eight teeth (with two more threatening to come in any minute)
-are always playing in the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen
-spend lots of time playing in Kate's kitchen
We love you Dylan. Happy Birthday!
Love, Mommy and Daddy (and Kate too)
| You only used a binkie for a few weeks. Not a big binkie guy anymore. |
![]() |
| A family of hands together |
| Daddy and Dylan |
| Your little buddy Hudson |
| One of your favorite places to play |
| No matter where you are, you're one happy baby! |
| Silly siblings! |
| Such a sweetheart. We love you! |


7 comments:
So sweet! Happy Birthday, Dylan!!
Happy Birthday Dylan! Love you lots.
Happy birthday little man!
Happy birthday Dylan. We love you and can't wait to see you.
Oh! He is so sweet. So neat to re-read the story of him coming. It's always nice to go down memory lane.
How sweet is this!!!! Thanks for sharing! I cannot believe he is already a year old!!!!
Such a stud!!! Watch out ladies!!!
so i just cried reading this. man alive.
love y'all! so glad we have you!
Post a Comment