Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cedar City and home again

 With the stress of the open house behind us, we spent an enjoyable week in my hometown.  One morning it was nice weather so we rode up the canyon to our cabin.  It was a tad chilly, and the creek ran higher than I've ever seen it.  But oh, how I love that mountain.  So beautiful!

 It's a good thing that we went to the cabin when we did; the next day it snowed.  In May.  I forgot what springtime is like in Cedar.  It came down thick and fluffy.  Kate had a ball!

 We spent time cozy in the house, staying busy with sewing projects (skirts for Kate and bibs for Dylan).
We were also lucky to visit with our best friends, the Childs family, who came all the way up from Las Vegas to hang out with us.  We miss them!
 Later in the week we spent a night in St. George at Lisa's house and had dinner with our other best friends, the Ruesch family.  Kate and Shami had such a great time together.  I wish they lived closer!  Those Ruesch girls would be the BEST babysitters! :)
 Our last evening at home, Grandma made Kate special pancakes.  We had such a wonderful visit and we already miss everyone!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home again!
I was so stressed about flying alone with the children.  And aside from Dylan's little screech-fest for the first 20 minutes, they did great!
They were SO happy to see their daddy on the other side of that flight.
And
so
was
I.
 So long, Utah!

3 comments:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Oh! So fun! We miss you :)

Emily Petty said...

Crazy weather - snow!

Kelly said...

You survived, yay!