Okay, here are some pictures from Kate's 5th birthday party.
The theme: Toy Story 3.
Kate has had a fascination with Jessie so that's what I had to work with. The cake was... ugh. An experience, I guess. My first (and probably last) time working with fondant. I couldn't figure out how to roll it, etc. so at the eleventh hour I bought some edible black paper and cut out the cow spots. It worked... better than fondant, I thought.
We rented out the clubhouse at our apartment, which had a theater room. The kids had their own screening of Toy Story 3 with popcorn, candy, drinks and lots of fun.
| The goodie bags |
| The treat counter |
And then! Oh my. This is what Mike painted for Kate's party. He spent so much time on it. It was a great project that he and Kate could do together. And it was such a hit with both kids and adults. The man has some "mad skillz" according to people who were at the party. :)
We hope Miss Kate had a wonderful time. We are so proud of her! Love you, darlin'.
9 comments:
I've been dying to see pics from the party!! SOOOOO cute! I love the cake and Mike's amazing picture board. You guys sure know how to throw a party!
so it just hit me that your baby girl is FIVE. does that just blow your mind? man alive. it was an AWESOME party, thanks so much for having us! and happy birthday miss kate!
Awesome! So glad to see pics. Edible paper? How did you ever come up with that? And what was the 'rope' around the cake? It all looks so fabulous and fun. (Including Mike's great board). Such a lucky girl to have great parents to be able to pull the whole thing off. Only wish we could have been there.
The cutest thing ever!! You realize you set the bar pretty high, right?? Happy Birthday to Kate :)
It looks like Kate had a wonderful birthday party, I love the cake and the board that Mike painted. You both are so cleaver and Kate is so lucky to have you as her partents.
Holy Cow partners! That is probably the coolest birthday party that I have seen, and I'm sure that it was even better in person. The cake was awesome, and Mike, I'm very impressed! We definitely know who got dad's talent! You better be refining your skills to be able to paint your kids temple pictures when they get married. P.s. I would like a picture of some kind too! :) Great to see all of the picture. Love you all and we hope that you know that we miss you.
I've been waiting and waiting! Glad to see how it all turned out -- it looks AMAZING! Seriously, between Mike and his painting and you and your cake decorating you could open some sort of party throwing operation together :)
I am also curious what you used for the rope?
Such lucky kids to be invited to such a cool party.
Love all of it!!! Mike AND Karen both have some mad skills!!!! Cake looked awesome and the painting was awesome! I think you should paint something for everyone in your family :)
Kate looks HUGE.... as in growing up. It kills me to see pictures. They are both growning up way too fast!!!!
Love you all!
WOW. How are you guys not in business as party planners?? That looks so awesome.
Post a Comment