| Dylan inspects the bikes at Kate's school every morning. |
Whew! What a busy weekend. We were able to pack a lot in the last few days. I feel really guilty that I haven't been a better blogger lately. It's fun to go back and read my old posts, and I realized that I haven't given myself much to read about these past few months. Soooo....
Friday morning I hosted a group of friends and kids to decorate Halloween sugar cookies. Nine adults, and I think roughly a dozen or so children... wow! It was so fun. Thanks ladies for a great morning!
Mike took the afternoon off to meet me and Dylan at Kate's school. Our Miss Kate was honored as the "Super Citizen" from her class at an assembly in front of the whole school. It was a huge surprise for her. Her teacher had sent home a note a few days ago telling us she'd picked Kate as a student who was a good example and a great all-around student. We're so proud of her!
That evening, Kevin, Leslie and Colin came over to celebrate Kevin's big 30th birthday!!! We went to dinner at Chuy's, then headed to Dave & Buster's for some fun and games.
I baked my cookie-loving brother a giant chocolate chip cookie for his dessert. We love you, Kevin!!
Saturday morning we took the kids to Six Flags for a few hours. The weather was finally tolerable and the lines not terribly long. The kids had a ball!
Saturday afternoon was spent at Maddy's 4th birthday party (no pictures... I'm waiting to steal Danielle's good ones again).
Then I had to decorate and chaperone our stake youth dance... fun times! :) I love our youth, but being at that dance made me quite glad I'm not a teenager anymore. Oh the awkwardness of those dances...
~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday marked a special day for our Dylan... his first day of Nursery! Um, yeah. Big fat fail. He was okay at first, then Mike stuck his head in to check on him, and that triggered a meltdown of monumental proportions. We could hear him shrieking all the way into Sunday School. Oops. So Mike spent the rest of the time alternating between calming him down and sitting in there with him.
Oh well. Better luck next week, eh?
We ended Sunday at our ward's Break the Fast dinner, where the kids danced around the stage like monkeys.
Gotta love them!!!
Kate has the day off school today (Happy Columbus Day!) so we're off to the park.
Here's to a wonderful week!
P.S.
Pregnancy is halfway over! I'm 20 weeks, and finally feeling the baby kicking around a little bit. We go in for the big ultrasound appointment a week from today. Any bets on the sex??? :)
P.S.
Pregnancy is halfway over! I'm 20 weeks, and finally feeling the baby kicking around a little bit. We go in for the big ultrasound appointment a week from today. Any bets on the sex??? :)
2 comments:
Way to go super citizen Kate! That is adorable! By the way, I love Kate's dress in the last photo. Really cute.
Glad the cookie cake worked out for Kevin.
Have fun with Kate's day off!
So, I thought that you were telling us that you were moving..."we were able to pack a lot in the last few days." Dang! Now I understand and feel a little duh, huh, daverish! I love the kids in the huge chair...Kate looks so small. I agree with Lisa, the dress of Kate's is adorable. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment