June is behind us... and we're now a third of the way through the long, hot, Texas summer.
We're having a great time so far!
The goal is to keep the kids busy while enjoying some down time too.
~~~~~
Kate has been reading up a storm lately. Dick and Jane are her new buddies (thanks to Grandma Grady).
A little coloring is also a good time-passer.
Grandma Grady made Kate this adorable dress during her visit. (Fabric circa 1979!!!)
So cute!
On my birthday Kate, Dylan and I went on a little shopping trip, and of course made a stop at the carousel in the mall.
We've already logged quite a few hours at the local splash park.
And we've done some splashing of our own in our backyard.
(It's soooo nice having a backyard this summer!)
Homemade popcicles... a huge hit!
Kate just completed a week of gymnastics camp at one of the local rec centers. She had a great time learning a bit of tumbling and balance beam work, while making a few new friends.
Dylan popped out a few pretty decent front rolls too!
Summer birthday party fun!
I had to include this picture below because it shows little Miss Kate's ATTITUDE... which is already rearing its ugly head. Honestly, I'm gonna have my hands full with this gal, much like my poor mother did with me. Karma... it'll getcha!
Dylan was so anxious to help Mike outside, he grabbed the first pair of shoes he could find! :)
I had to include this picture below because it shows little Miss Kate's ATTITUDE... which is already rearing its ugly head. Honestly, I'm gonna have my hands full with this gal, much like my poor mother did with me. Karma... it'll getcha!
Dylan was so anxious to help Mike outside, he grabbed the first pair of shoes he could find! :)
We are trying to keep up with our Summer Workshop (an idea I lifted from another blog)
It started off with a bang, but we've slowed on it a little.
Still, it's a great way to keep Kate and Dylan entertained while slipping in a few chores, homework, piano practice, etc.
Oh yeah! We're having a good time!
(photo from a dinner out at Chuy's earlier this month)
This summer has been pretty enjoyable for the most part.
Last summer I was pregnant, sick, and h-a-t-i-n-g the heat and all that went with it.
But this year hasn't been so bad... yet.
We've managed to do lots of playing with friends and each other each day.
~~~~~
July promises to be a busy one for our family.
We're off to Idaho Falls/Island Park and later I'm taking the kids for an extended visit to Cedar City.
We're so excited to enjoy some cooler weather and time with family.



2 comments:
Karen, you are such a good mom! I'm sure the kids are loving summer, even though it's a lot of work for you to keep them busy.
i love summers with you! except the last one. that was poop. i'm so glad you're feeling better. and yummmmm, chuy's? delicious.
Post a Comment