Thursday, September 06, 2012

Car Wash

 We're playing "car wash" this morning... just like we do pretty much every morning.  Dylan's #1 love these days: cars.  His second love: car washes.  He builds them with his blocks for hours minutes of fun.
 Lately I feel like I've lost my stay-at-home-mom mojo.  And that's a shame, because I longed for this life forever!  I can't seem to pull myself together to keep the house clean, to play with the kids, even to prepare decent meals.  And since school started (was that really only last week??) I have been soooo sleepy in the mornings and have been rushing Kate out the door without even breakfast.  Bad mommy!
So today I decided to turn over a new leaf.  Got up at 6:30, got ready and prepared scrambled eggs, toast and grapefruit for everyone.
It was a little thing, but I felt better.  And then I even cleaned the kitchen (gasp!) and got out blocks to play with Dylan in his room.
I know it's impossible to be the perfect housekeeper, cook, mother, caregiver, wife, and taxi driver all the time.  But I need a swift kick in the butt to get back in gear.
Besides, how can I take for granted how lucky I am to be able to stay home with these little rascals?
I mean, just look at these faces:
So, dear little family, I promise to pull myself together, to take care of you the way I always envisioned I would, and to enjoy these precious moments of motherhood, even when all I want to do is take a big old nap.
I love you!

No comments: