Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween {Take One}

 Halloween seems to stretch into more and more days each year, until finally when October 31st actually arrives, the kids are totally burned out on their costumes and have consumed more candy than a vending machine.
However, we roll with it around here, because... how cute are they?!?!?
 Dylan was less than thrilled about his costume, especially when it came time for Mike to spray his hair black and paint his face.  But holy cow, he turned into one adorable Dracula!
 And Miss Kate... well, she's quite the sassy little cheerleader.
We tried to punk her out with some pink spray in her hair... kind of a fail, as she thought it looked red.  Oh well.  I think she looks adorable!
 On Saturday night we dressed up to attend our ward's "Fall Festival"... no mentioning the word Halloween... whatever.
In theory it was a great idea... soup and cornbread dinner, then trick-or-treating door-to-door around the church building.
We helped Danielle decorate a door and got all ready to hand out candy.
I guess big crowds, lots of children and me don't really mix anymore, because I didn't have lots of fun.  But the kids did, and that's what matters in such circumstances.
Dylan was fine, so long as he had twenty suckers in his fist at all times.
 Poor Blake.
I didn't get any pictures of him in his pumpkin costume.
I'll be sure to snap one of his first Halloween in a couple of days.
 Here's the aftermath:  Stacie, Danielle, her mom, and all our kids after they collected their loot.
People kept passing by our room asking if it was the nursery... haha.  I guess all our kids combined is quite a brood!
More trick-or-treating and costume fun to come!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

They look adorable.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Oh my word! They look so cute! I cannot believe you were able to get Dylan to cooperate with face paint. Lydia would never stand for it, I'm sure.
Can't wait to see pumpkin Blake in the next photo set :)

Danielle said...

HA! loved our little nursery room. the calm in the storm. such cute kids!!