It's a little chilly today.
Like 28 degrees when I took the kids to school.
But totally not like what our families are dealing with in Utah and Idaho... hello negative numbers!!
Anyway, I love the chilly weather.
Don't mind it one bit.
It makes me feel cozy inside my house.
There's really no point to this post, other than I wanted to put some pictures on here so my giant Ugly Christmas Sweater picture wasn't the first thing I saw when I clicked on my blog.
Ugh.
It was kind of a rough weekend.
Mike left for work at 4a.m. Saturday and didn't get home 'til late in the evening.
He had meetings all day Sunday.
The kids miss him, and I do too.
He works so hard for our family, and we really love and appreciate all that he does.
But holy moly it's hard being alone with the kids for such lengthy stretches of time.
Those angels of mine, my goodness they're on a real roll these days... like I can't even leave the room for one single second without them screaming my name or following two inches behind me.
I have an audience when I bathe, go to the bathroom, make dinner, etc.
Even now, Dylan is climbing on my lap and Blake is pulling on my pants.
I swear I do love my life and my little ones and all that.
But a girl sometimes just needs a little breathing room, ya know?
I feel guilt for even writing these things down. I would do anything for my babies,
but I can tell that when something as simple as a faulty sippy cup lid makes me want to go berserk, I think I need a break.
Luckily Mike's big fat deadlines at work are looming and soon will be met. Then we can get back to normal... whatever that is.
:)
2 comments:
amen sister, amen. and since you know i want to solve your problem when all you're doing is venting... i think i mentioned this before, but maybe starting the dyl on a schedule of some kind can allow both y'all some breathing room during the day so you're ready for when kate gets home. :) like allotted times for reading, trains, movies, throwing the ball back and forth, play doh, coloring, letter / numbers, etc. idk. i have maddy here with hud so i'm of no help, she really is turning out to be amazing entertainment for hudson. hang in there! and for the love of all humanity, LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF THIS. ;)
I miss you! I can relate very much to this when our lives were pure craziness. You're such a wonderful mother. I can tell in the posts that I read that you love those kids so much and love your roll as a mother. There's nothing wrong with sharing a few honest thoughts :)
CUTE CUTE family!! Love ya!
Post a Comment