Happy 2013!
Am I the only one who hates that it's "13"? Just me? Oh, okay then. Not that I think it's going to be an unlucky year or anything. I had the same feelings about 2003. Just my aversion to the number three, I suppose.
Yes, I'm a freak.
Anyway...
Our New Year's Eve was pretty quiet. We attended a snowflake making party of some friends in our ward, which was very fun and relaxing.
However, the children (and I) hit our peak at 8:30ish so we headed home, put children to bed, and I promptly fell asleep. Mike woke me up around 12:30 to say Happy New Year... geez how pathetic are we?
So then we all lazed around in the morning and then took the kids to the mall for their very first ice skating adventure.
After a rocky beginning, Kate totally got the hang of it, and had so much fun!
It took some major coaxing to get Dylan in his skates, and he slipped and skidded all over that ice, but the smiles on both their faces were priceless.
So here we are, 2013.
Do we have resolutions? Oh of course! I always have the same ones--- eat better, exercise more, read my scriptures every day, don't bite my nails, read more, yell less, be a better mom, a better wife, a better housekeeper, a better friend, etc. etc. etc.
By the time I finish thinking of all the ways I need to improve, I'm exhausted and opt to just curl up on the couch instead.
But I am going to take baby steps to realizing some good changes/resolutions for the coming year.
Same thing goes for us as a family.
Topping our list is to spend more quality time with each other. That's a tough one with little ones, a busy husband and life pulling us in many directions.
But as many people keep reminding us, these are the best years of our lives, so we want to not spend them frazzled, frustrated and beaten down by our kids. :)
Here's to a lucky 13!
No comments:
Post a Comment