Our Blake is one year old today!
How we love him. He has really brought such a great dynamic to our family.
He is such a cute little brother; Kate and Dylan adore him.
Sometimes I can see the brotherly rivalry (i.e. Dylan pushes Blake down or steals his toys) and then at the same time I fear for the future when they're in cahoots with each other.
Last night we celebrated with cake and a small gathering of friends.
I made cupcakes and a special cake for Blake (that he wanted nothing to do with whatsoever... takes after his daddy in the not-liking-sweets department)
Sarah made this adorable banner for the party. Isn't it soooo cute? She's one talented lady, that Sarah.
I felt kind of frazzled all day and that feeling carried over into the party, which was topped off by a dramatic truck-chucking incident that drew blood from one of our innocent guests. I felt sooooo bad!
But we are so grateful for our dear friends for taking time to celebrate Blake.
As I said, Blake wanted zero cake touching his lips. He pushed the whole thing off his tray as quickly as possible. Oh this kid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I was awake at 5 a.m. thinking about this time last year when Blake was born (5:10 a.m. to be exact) and what a wonderful time it was. Mike and I have commented many times how much we enjoyed our stay in the hospital with Blake. Kate and Dylan were being well cared for by Kevin and Leslie, and we could just focus on our number three. We shared some very beautiful moments in the hospital with him. We are just so happy to have this cutie-pie in our family. Our family is just complete with him around.
HAPPY
HAPPY
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
DEAR
SWEET
BLAKE!




3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Blake!
p.s. stop being so on top of blogging. sheesh.
just kidding, of course. I love reading it!
He is so cute! Happy birthday buddy!
By the way- the cake and cupcakes look like something out of a magazine. So cute!
so sorry i wasn't able to be there! love that little guy!!
Post a Comment