Hi!
This little blog of ours. It's starting to look a little like our house plants: withered and a little droopy.
I didn't mean to slowly kill you, dear blog. I swear I didn't.
I can't explain my lack of documentation lately.
I suppose it all started when I got an iPhone. And I discovered the wonderful world of Instagram. Very convenient, I tell ya.
But it should not take the place of a good hearty old-fashioned blog post. No, it shouldn't.
So here I vow to do better.
Plus, I just figured out how to plug my iPhone into the computer to utilize my camera pictures on here (I know... I'm special, and slow)
So here's to a new healthy string of posts of our life lately.
~~~~~
First up: DYLAN'S BIRTHDAY!!!
Dylan Grady Sharp turned three on Friday, April 12th.
It goes without saying, but I'm gonna say it anyway: we love this guy to pieces!
Ever since a family movie night viewing of "The Sandlot" our Dylan has been baseball-obsessed,
Like for reals. We play catch for hours each day. I do believe I injured my arm in all this. (Wimp)
So we decided to do a baseball party for his birthday.
We rented a little league baseball field for the morning and invited his buddies to run the bases, bat the ball, and enjoy the sunshine.
Mike took the morning off to be the kids' "coach". He was so cute, leading the little ones in stretches, jumping jacks, running the bases, catch, etc.
Oh, and yes we let Kate skip a morning of school to attend the party too. Haha! In your face, public school system! (Just kidding... don't hold her back or anything!)
Pardon the pun, but Dylan had a ball!
And I think the other kids did too.
We are so thankful to our friends and family who showered him with gifts and treats.
We're so lucky to have Dylan in our family.
His personality just explodes and he's constantly making me laugh (or scream, but that's his three-year-old-ness coming through).
We're slowly getting up the courage to potty-train, so that's a mountain we'll be climbing very soon.
But the kid seems to catch on to things quickly and he's so smart. He cares very much for his siblings, although he shows more "tough love" to Blake than gentleness. We're hoping that will change soon.
His loves include baseball (obvs), washing his toy cars, digging around in the dirt, playing basketball and helping (aka annoying) me in the kitchen. But seriously I love that he likes to cook with me. He's a well-rounded boy.
So, Happy Birthday Dylan.
Sorry Mama is slacking on the b-day posts.
2 comments:
such a fun birthday! happy birthday dyl!!
It all looks so fun! Love the cake and cupcakes. Love you all
Post a Comment