Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Seven More Weeks!

Oh my goodness.  Seven more weeks till our baby girl arrives!!  We officially scheduled our c-section for April 8th!  I'm so happy to have our last baby be born (fingers crossed) on an even-numbered day.  All of our birthdays fall on even-numbered days.  I guess it's my OCD or something but I really like that.  Yeah, I know, I'm craaaazy.  Anyway, hopefully this baby will decide to stay put until the scheduled day and not pull a fast one on me like on April 3rd or something.  Ugh.
I've been feeling so huge and sooooo tired.  Having a baby at 37 years of age is no fun and I don't recommend it.  I also don't recommend quitting exercising the second you take a pregnancy test.  I should've kept up with my fitness.  Blah.  It's been so hard the last couple of weeks and I fear it'll only get more exhausting.  I need to learn to pace myself.  But with three other kids, how in the world is that possible?
Meanwhile, the kids are getting ready for their little sister to join us.  Blake's nursery teacher sent this photo on Sunday:
 I love that he's showing his nurturing side. :)

A few other things that have been going on:
Kate dressed up as Rapunzel for her school's Caldecott Book Day.  Mike came up with a genius way to make her hair and it was so fun.  Unfortunately, Kate is in the thick of pre-tween-drama at the moment and wouldn't really smile for a picture:
 There, that's better.
 And not to be outdone, Blake had to give the hair a try as well.
A highlight for Kate a few weeks ago was attending the Daddy/Daughter dance with Mike.  They are so cute!  They had a great time dancing and spending time together.
 And of course, we were busy last week with Valentine's Day festivities at both Dylan's preschool and Kate's school.  It's such fun but a lot of work to pull all these things together.  Or maybe that's my pregnancy-exhaustion talking.  Ugh, I've become one of those people.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Miss and love you guys so much! Love Kate's hair!

Danielle said...

can't wait to see that little girl!!

love that hair on kate! (and blakester)