Thursday, January 16, 2014

I'll do just about anything to get out of cleaning bathrooms...

...including re-posting pictures that I already posted on Instagram.
But in an effort to keep up with my New Year's Resolutions, I suppose this is better than nothing.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, here's a little bit of what's on my mind lately.
I'm 26 weeks pregnant!  Oh my gosh I don't think I ever even discussed the pregnancy on the blog.  Shame.  Anyway, we are having a baby GIRL in April!  So far I've been treated to extra sonograms and looks of pity from the doctors due to my age (not really but sometimes I feel like a geriatric this pregnancy).  Everything is looking good!  Yay!  We are so excited and completely freaked out about adding another (and FINAL) child to this brood of ours.  But truly, I feel as though this was totally meant to be and I'm so dang excited to have another little lady running around here.  No names yet... in fact Mike won't have a serious discussion about names.  Ugh.  Typical.  I guess we'll just wait 'til the eleventh hour, which is what we do best!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile I don't know if I'm going through some sort of "nesting" phase or what, but I've been cleaning more this month than I swear I did all last year.  I finally (FINALLY) put the schedule I read about in Happy Housewives like three years ago into place and it's been working out great!  I do believe that you have to bond with your home, even though this home has so many flaws I cannot even begin to count.  But yesterday as I was scrubbing the nasty brown kitchen cabinets with Old English oil, I was struck with an appreciation of this house and... dare I say it... a fondness???  This house is far from our dream home, but we are safe here and comfortable and we have room enough for our family to play and grow.  The kitchen is a dungeon, but I'm able to prepare delicious meals for my family and someday we will have a sprawling kitchen island where all the kids can help cook without fighting over the same tiny patch of counter space.  Someday, right Mikey? ;)
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate and Lydia enjoyed a "virtual play date" the other week.  They are so cute!  They played My Little Ponies, did crafts, ate snacks, and chatted through Facetime.  I love it!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kids are thriving and killing us at the same time.  Haha.  They can make me want to scream and yank my own hair out one minute, and then have my heart bursting with pride the next.  Typical kids, right?
Kate's homework schedule is nuts.  I don't understand the need for hours of homework each night in the 2nd grade!  I feel for the girl, I really do.  She's such a smart thing, but easily distracted and it's so tough getting her to focus on her math, spelling words, and grammar exercises while her brothers raise Hell just a couple of feet away.  Sorry, Miss Kate!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blake's nursery teacher sent me this photo the other day, giving me proof that he is, indeed, enjoying his nursery class.  He has had a tough time going in there, but is slowly getting more used to it.  This kid is rapidly learning new words and can absolutely kill me with his squinty-eyed smile.  Love him!!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The calendar may say January, but holy cow it's like SPRING FEVER out there.  I took the boys to the "Sand lot" at the park and Dylan wowed me with his hitting skills.
Blake just ran around the bases over and over.  They love baseball!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So anyway, we are just plugging along with busy days and even busier after-school evenings.
I feel like I'm so huge and tired all the time (thank you anemia) and can hardly believe I'm gonna get even bigger over the next few months.  But maybe this is nature's way of forcing me to slow down and appreciate what is right in front of my face.
Case in point:
 

1 comment:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

OK, you are inspiring me to get back to my blog. There really is something so much more fulfilling about the storytelling style and additional pictures on a blog rather than just an Instagram post. I feel like I never saw much of your Christmas until now and certainly I've not posted much of mine. Here's to a goal for me too!