Molly Lynn Sharp
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
8:09 a.m.
8 lbs. 3 oz.
20.75 inches
Well, she's here!!!
And we are in LOVE with her.
Molly truly completes our family.
This morning she is sitting in her little chair next to me as I marvel at how much she's changed in just the one short week she's been with us. I'm so grateful to Danielle for taking these pictures at the hospital the day after Molly was born. We will treasure these photos always.
So, a little about her birth.
Mike's parents flew in to take care of Kate, Dylan and Blake while we were in the hospital. We are so indebted to them. They made sure the kids were well cared for, spoiled, etc. Unfortunately, Blake got an ear infection and pink eye the day before we went into the hospital. Poor guy! I felt so bad leaving him all sick, but David and Lynette are rock stars and totally put our minds at ease by taking good care of everything and everyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday night I asked Mike for a blessing. I was so nervous/anxious/excited/scared. Consequently all these emotions served as the perfect storm for complete and utter insomnia. I didn't sleep one little bit all night. So I was more than ready to get the show on the road when we left for the hospital at 5:00 a.m.
We got there in plenty of time; checked in and waited in the pre-op room for what seemed like ever!
The nurses gave me all sorts of bruises whilst putting in my IV. Fun times. Then we waited some more, and argued (discussed) names for this little one. I would like to say that all along I liked Molly, but the other contender was Brooke. We decided to wait until we saw her to make the final decision.
Finally (FINALLY!) it was time to be taken into the operating room. This is my fourth time doing the whole c-section thing, and it never gets any less scary. But everyone was so nice and luckily the spinal didn't hurt too much. Soon enough I was laying like a beached whale, numb from the chest down.
The operation itself went very smoothly. It felt like ten men were jumping on my chest at one point (they aren't very gentle) but at 8:09 they announced she was born.
YAY!
They weighed, measured, and cleaned her up right next to me so I was able to watch the whole process. My first impressions were: holy cow her cheeks are so chunky! and: her arms are SO long!
The doctor thought for sure she was like the biggest baby she'd ever seen, and we were all shocked when she weighed only 8 lbs 3 oz. Dr. Parrill even suggested they weigh her again. :)
While they were tying my tubes, Mike and I came to a decision about her name. Molly, because it's Irish and adorable; and Lynn for her great-grandfather, Lynn Pardonnet. I absolutely love her name. It fits her completely.
It was around the time that they were sewing me up, etc. that I got nauseous and threw up. But other than that, it all went great. In no time we were back in recovery waiting to be taken to our room.
Here's Molly with Dr. Ellen Parrill. Incidentally, she delivered Blake as well, even though she wasn't my original doctor with his pregnancy. She's great!
In recovery, I was able to take some time and explore our newest Sharp. She's so sweet.
After about an hour we were taken to Room 208, where we stayed for the next three days.
The hospital stay was a little more stressful this time around, because Molly had (and still is having) trouble latching and nursing. It's been quite frustrating. And the lactation consultants (bless their hearts) all had differing opinions on what to try. The pediatrician said something else, and each nurse had to chime in as well. It got to the point where I knew I just needed to get home and figure this out myself. And so far it's been going better. Still having issues, but I learned I just need to trust myself and work with Molly to get the job done. We're making quite the little team, the two of us.
Later in the afternoon, Grandma and Grandpa Sharp brought Kate, Dylan and Blake to meet their little sister.
They were SO excited!
There was a lot of chaotic love in that room. :)
We were released from the hospital on Friday afternoon, just in time to get home and plan Dylan's birthday for the next day. Two birthdays in the span of four days; that's gonna be fun in the years to come.
Gosh we are so blessed.
The last few days have been rough with lots of tears and high emotions. And it hasn't just been me. But at the same time, we are happy happy happy and so grateful to have each other.
Family of SIX. Whoa!
~~~~~~~~~
This post seems to be all over the place. Kind of like my emotions and brain these days. Ahhh well.
More to come.
Welcome to the family, Miss Molly! We love you!















6 comments:
LOVE this! what an amazing little girl she is already!!
love ya!
Thanks for the post, I've been looking forward to hearing how all went and seeing more cute pictures. She is adorable. Love you guys!
Michelle
I would love to just cuddle her and smooch on her. Love all the pictures.
Karen, you are beautiful. Molly is beautiful! Congratulations Sharp family :)
UPDATE! UPDATE!
I love this. The picture right after you said that you and molly are making quite the team is BEAUTIFUL! I love all of these. And yes, UPDATE with all that spare time you have ;)
Post a Comment