Monday, November 01, 2010

Until next year...

Halloween is officially over, and I'm glad to report we had a ton of fun over the past several days. Now I can look forward to a long visit with family this month, and my favorite holiday: Thanksgiving!!!

~~~Pumpkin Carving~~~
We invited Kevin and Leslie and our friends, Bruce and Jessica, over for dinner and pumpkin carving on Wednesday night. It ended up the boys carving and the girls watching the Rangers game. Kinda backwards, right? They were serious about it! And pumpkin carving is a tradition I don't like to participate in at all, so I was more than happy to watch the World Series while they were slaving away.
Mike's Masterpiece!

~~~Preschool Party~~~
I helped out at Kate's school for their Halloween costume party. It was awesome! And quite chaotic. Honestly I was tired after it all. :) The kids played Bingo, Musical Chairs, ate sugar cookies and did a costume parade.
The cutest witch you ever did see!
~~~Witches Night Out~~~
These are my favorite Texas gal pals, Shannon and Danielle. They joined me for Leslie's fabulous "Witches Night Out" over in Sunnyvale. I forgot my camera (grr!!) for the actual party, so I'm hoping Leslie and Danielle will share the wealth, but for now, here we are, all dolled up and ready to party!
Leslie was a gracious hostess and we had such a wonderful time.
~~~Trunk-or-Treat~~~
Friday night we joined up with our ward for Trunk-or-Treat. Here's Kate with her best friends, Maddy (Danielle's daughter) and Natalie (Shannon's daughter). Not pictured: Brady, who is also Kate's best little buddy. We had a ball visiting with people and taking pictures of chubby little Dylan... er... Mr. Jack-o-lantern!
I could just eat Dylan alive!
Here's Mike and Kate getting the loot.

Dylan and his buddy, Hudson, aka the Shark
My two Halloween sweeties. I love these kids!!!
And now, the whole fam!
After we got home, Mike and Kate carved mini pumpkins for her and Dylan. She picked out the faces and Mike did the dirty work. Cute, huh?
And finally, on Saturday we were invited to a Halloween party at Bruce and Jessica's. I'm kicking myself because I forgot my camera and therefore did not get a picture of Mike as a headless man. Also? This was the first time in our entire marriage that he's dressed up for Halloween! Some blogger I am, right?
Mike got the idea to make eyeballs out of divinity to take to the party. So we tried to make them. They didn't work out so well.
They tasted yuck! And they didn't look much like eyeballs either. Oh well. We'll perfect them by next year.
Happy Halloween!!!

5 comments:

Lindsay Bowen said...

You look so happy! BEst stay at home mom ever!!! It does seem like the holidays stretch on forever...in a good way...exhausting but fun.

Love ya!

M. Harrison said...

What a beautiful witch and a handsome pumpkin man! You guys were busy too...we can't wait to spend time with all of you! Love you.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Oh my gosh! Such cute costumes! I can't wait to see you guys in person!!!

Suzette said...

Super cute!!! When are we going to get together girl? We can't both live in the same state and not see eachother.

Emily Petty said...

Your kids are adorable! Kate is really just gorgeous, unbelievable that she's only 4 and Dylan made a darling pumpkin! The witches night out that all the girls in your family did looks like fun, I may have to copy that one...