Mike preparing our cozy winter fire
I am amazed at the weather of late. Saturday we were running the a/c in the car and playing outside at the park. By Tuesday, all the schools were shut down and there was a thick layer of ice over pretty much everything in the DFW area! So crazy. Even Mike's work was closed on Tuesday. So we've been hunkering down in our cozy home, drinking lots of hot chocolate and staying warm by the fireplace that I never thought we'd need to use.
Kate and I ventured out on Tuesday to Target (literally across the street from our place) and I got stuck in the parking lot... quite embarrassing!
All of our church meetings and mutual (did I tell you I got called as the Young Women President? I know, right?!?) were canceled this week as well, so it's been a pretty mellow few days.
I, for one, am enjoying it. I'm a homebody anyway, so nothing pleases me more than staying indoors, enjoying myself. But the kids are getting a tad restless.
Meantime, here's a few shots of our pretty fireplace and Valentine mantel. I love having a fireplace, even if it's just for the decorating. :)
With temperatures still hovering in the teens, I think it's going to be another few days before we do anything "outside". Yay!
P.S. Dylan started clapping his hands yesterday. It's the cutest thing ever. Someday I'll pull out the video camera and get documentation. That kid is seriously growing up so fast. How I love my little kiddos!
3 comments:
Just loving your posts, Karen. I strangely wish we were "snowed/iced" in. It makes it feel so much more cozy at home and the big wide world feels unreachable for a good reason for a while. Kate is such a little beauty. So great that your apartment has a fireplace. And I LOVE that hand clapping milestone. . . two sides of the brain connecting, etc. Happy Valentine Month!!!
sigh - we miss you guys! congrats on the calling - you will be great!!!! love watching your kiddos grow up!
Got to love the weather! It has been ridiculously cold here too. Good wishes on your new calling...we need to bounce ideas off each other. Mine has been a headache since the girls are not to interested in going to mutual because it is on high school sports night. I am in the process of hoping to get it changed to Tues. nights. This calling stresses me out too much!
Stay warm and we love you.
Post a Comment