Friday, December 14, 2012

Our Little "Cherubs "

 Our children.  Ohhh our children.
They are beating me down, and yet raising me up all at the same time.
How can I love people so much, yet want to yank their hair out most days?
My patience is super thin lately.  And it's starting to bother me.
I love being a mom; I dreamed of this occupation for so long.
And I know that things can't always be blissful, but holy cow, I'm exhausted.
Between Dylan's constant need to be playing in water and/or dirt by playing "car wash" or making "soup" in Kate's play kitchen to Kate's incessant whining and dramatics, to Blake's new desire to scream his head off at night, I sometimes wonder a) what am I doing wrong and b) is this it?  Is this what life's all about?
 But then I pull myself together and realize that I've been blessed beyond anything I deserve.
These children are healthy, happy (on good days) and they are so full of love for me, Mike, and each other.
They may drive me bonkers, but they are mine.  And I love them so so so much.
Now children, if you could please give me a slight break so I can enjoy a Coke Zero in peace and quiet, I'd really appreciate it.
;)
Thankssomuch.

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

You are a fantastic mom!! Don't ever doubt yourself...and this is definitely not it! It's just a different definition of "it" than we may have originally thought!! :)
Love ya, sister!

M. Harrison said...

Oh you put it so well. Being a stay at home mom is the most difficult thing in the world to do. I keep reminding myself that I am doing this for a greater purpose. That no one else can be a better mom to them than me. And then I take it a day at a time...and stay up really, really late so I can get some ME time. The mornings are oh so painful. :)

Paul & Marlee said...

Ditto to the comments above.
I know it's just horrible some (sometimes most) of the time. You're a wonderful woman AND mother. Even when it doesn't seem like it (to you).
Love you, Lady!

Danielle said...

deep cleansing breaths. remember??? your babies are adorable!!